Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

powderny wrote:

I hate to bring it up but I think everyone with a problem should file a corporate complaint.  If enough people make a stink to the "higher" ups maybe something will be done even if it is just waiving an ETF fee or upgrade fee or something.  If you need info on how to message me.

I appreciate the thoughtful solution but I will tell you 1st hand that I have tried this for nearly 3 months and they either refuse to do anything or are too inept to be able to help.   Either way there are a lot of "im sorrys" and "it will be fixed soon" and "we are not aware of that problem"  None the less they are not fixing the issue with this phone and they could care less if we like it or not.

I have asked for a different device and they claim that will not solve the issue.  Oh and by the way if I did want a new phone I will have to pay the upgrade price (my phone is practically brand new) and I will have to sign up for two more years.... HAHAHAHA  fool me once shame on you ....fool me twice shame on me....it wont happen !

SPRINT DOES NOT CARE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

To date, I have done the following:

• Taken phones to local Sprint Store. I was basically told that until Sprint says it is a known issue, all they would do is test the phone. It passed the minimal test and I was sent on my way. I contacted Sprint, and they told me there was no problem with the Epic 4G Touch phones. Then I was told it was an issue with the tower. Then I was told to wait for a software update.
  • After no resolution, I filed complaints with the BBB in Sprint's home town, with the FCC, and with the Vermont Attorney General, Consumer Protection office. Sprint called me last week and we finally talked (or their rep did) yesterday. I said if they won't or can't fix the issues (constant ROAMING, data drops, etc.)I want out of the contract because I need a phone that works. No way. He kept talking over me, telling me that it was a problem at my end and nowhere does Sprint promise 24/7 connection to their network.
  • I got another call yesterday from someone else at Sprint, but the signal was so bad (within site of a multiple carrier tower!) that the phone disconnected.

This is the worst service I have ever had, after using Verizon and AT&T. We have purchased pay-as-you-go phones in the interim for emergency use because we can't rely on Sprint and the Epic 4G Touch. As I said in an earlier message, we will be switching to another carrier.

I had such a good first few months with Sprint--solid connections, no problems at all. We both enjoyed using our phones for more than talking and messaging--the apps were great. But now they are virtually useless.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just as an anecdote, i've been trying to upload one picture for the last 2 hours.

This is "normal."

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I've contacted the developer, and the person above them. I will tell you what I can when I get any response. typically very little is allowed to be said regarding any work in progress.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

I've contacted the developer, and the person above them. I will tell you what I can when I get any response. typically very little is allowed to be said regarding any work in progress.

Thanks, I am anxious to hear any info you get.

Highlighted
Journeyman

concealer404 wrote:

Just as an anecdote, i've been trying to upload one picture for the last 2 hours.

This is "normal."

Another hour down, and it "failed - network error."  You know... like over 50% of them do.

Finally moving on to picture #2, which is also failing.

EVERY DAY.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I'm anxious about what they have to say.

RC1024, please ask when will the FI17 be available and about the Jellybean too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

concealer404 wrote:

concealer404 wrote:

This is "normal."

Another hour down, and it "failed - network error."  You know... like over 50% of them do.

Finally moving on to picture #2, which is also failing.

EVERY DAY.

So after 6 hours today... i have successfully uploaded one out of three photos, the other two have failed - network error, and i've had to charge my phone twice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All my post from today have been removed flagged for rejected content.

I guess I was hitting to close to the truth!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know how much time I've wasted going to Sprint stores to have ICS reflashed and talking to sprint reps on the phone.  None if it brought any results.  For everyone on this board, I recommend contacting the BBB or FCC to report the issues you are having.  They took me much more seriously and finally released me from my contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lucky you. I filed with BBB, FCC, and Vermont Atty' General Consumer division, and all I got from Sprint was rudeness and runarounds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow I did a search on XDA.....mass exodus of sprint S2 and epic touch users moving to verizon with great success.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1898863

Thinking its worth the expense to make the move.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat