cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Post Your Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich Update Problems Here

If there is not already one is existence, I would like to compile a list of problems current Epic 4G Touch users who have updated to Ice Cream Sandwich software from the recent (within 1.5 weeks of today, 7/18/12) Sprint software push (not rooted ROMS, nor manual updates please). These problems should only be ones which have to come to light after the update, meaning the feature/app/etc worked prior to updating, but no longer functions correctly after the update. Please adhere to the following:

-Be as specific as possible about the issue being experienced

-List only problems that you can replicate

-General location (Eg. Zip code 08817, Northern NJ, etc.) if you'd like

Example:

Zipcode 08817, Here are my problems so far:

1. MHL to HDMI output is no longer functioning. Both the phone and the television recognize an HDMI connection, but the image(s) and audio on my phone are not mirrored on my television as they are supposed to. There is only a black screen shown on my television.

2. 4G connection doesn't allow for Youtube videos to play anymore. The connection is always dropped before any part of the video starts playing.

3. Application opening and closing isn't as smooth as as they were with Gingerbread.

I'd like to get a comprehensive list of problems people are experiencing due to this revent update because I'd like some accountablility for these problems. I've attempted to contact Sprint, Samsung, and Google with these issues, and not one of them is holding themselves accountable for these issues. We are all customers paying for these services, and something should be done upon immediate notification of these problems to satisfy us as consumers, in addition to giving people who may be unaware of the bad changes that have/can occur by updating. Please keep this thread to PROBLEMS only, as I have described above, in order to make it easier for me to compile the problems into one comprehensive list. Thank you everyone for your input and help.

430 REPLIES 430
Highlighted
Journeyman

concealer404 wrote:

concealer404 wrote:

concealer404 wrote:

Just as an anecdote, i've been trying to upload one picture for the last 2 hours.

This is "normal."

Another hour down, and it "failed - network error."  You know... like over 50% of them do.

Finally moving on to picture #2, which is also failing.

EVERY DAY.

So after 6 hours today... i have successfully uploaded one out of three photos, the other two have failed - network error, and i've had to charge my phone twice.

Annnnddddd we're doing the same thing today.  Been trying to upload one photo since 7:30am this morning.  (over 5 hours ago.) 

Tried a back-up plan earlier (around 10) and emailed myself the picture so i could maybe just upload it from my computer, but that email hasn't come through either.  I'd assume that i'd be able to email myself in substantially less than 3 hours from my phone.  This is completely worthless.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, what's up RC1024, My birthday is coming and I need to hear good news from you. Is the Jellybean coming to our GS2 phones? and, are they working to fix our problems?

Please respond.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WIth Sprint you get:

Unlimited Slow Data

Unlimited delayed text

Unlimited calls straight to voicemail

Unlimited dropped calls

Unlimited rude customer service

Unlimited inept technicians

Unlimited excuses

Unlimited Im sorry your having trouble with your service

Unlimited delays in pushing software updates

After 13 years Im finally free from Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

I've contacted the developer, and the person above them. I will tell you what I can when I get any response. typically very little is allowed to be said regarding any work in progress.

Any updates? My phone is now freezing more and more and has started to randomly reboot. The battery life is still horrible. I haven't gotten the FI27 update yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

im running on fi27

Highlighted

4horseshoes wrote:

WIth Sprint you get:

Unlimited Slow Data

Unlimited delayed text

Unlimited calls straight to voicemail

Unlimited dropped calls

Unlimited rude customer service

Unlimited inept technicians

Unlimited excuses

Unlimited Im sorry your having trouble with your service

Unlimited delays in pushing software updates

After 13 years Im finally free from Sprint

You forgot, Unlimited Complaining Customes

Highlighted
Journeyman

You (Sprint) gets out of it what they put in it....

Case in point.... "Dan Hess" - We expected to loose customers..... Brilliant leadership.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/sprint-loses-subscribers-again-in-third-quarter-as...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't recommend the FI27 update, after I updated my phone my battery life is back to being terrible.  In 2 hours i've lost 20% battery life and barely used my phone (just a quick internet search and checked my email and apps for updates). I will probably go back to Gingerbread this weekend.  I can't upgrade my phone till June so I need to do something so I can actually get decent battery life again. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received FI27 a few days ago and for me the update is the worst so far.  I had the issues from the first update including GPS not locking, battery drain and poor signal (4g was non-existent). The last update got my battery to last a little longer but the GPS was in fact worse and the signal still sucked. 

Now this update has effectively killed my battery, the GPS still doesn’t work, the only good thing is the signal seems to be stronger (I actually connect to 4g sometimes) Today while plugged in and "charging" I was able to drop the battery 7% in less than a hour (Is that supposed to be possible?).

I have tried all the tricks that I have seen including clearing the cache, pulling the battery for 10 seconds and reinstalling, letting it die completely and charging back to 100% while off. Nothing works, it has died on me the last 3 days at work meaning I am getting less than 8 hours of use out of it.

Are there any solutions out there (other than rooting which it seems more and more likely I will end up doing)?  I do not want to hear suggestions about turning everything off and lowering the screen brightness etc, while the battery may last a little bit longer these are not fixes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024:

What's up with the news for us?

You just gave up on us now?

Highlighted
Journeyman

EDGARCALIFORNIA wrote:

RC1024:

What's up with the news for us?

You just gave up on us now?

I'm not RC1024, but i have some fun news.

I got the FI27 update as well finally.

And this is the worst yet.  I'm charging my phone 3x a day, and i'm not a heavy user by any stretch of the imagination.  My phone freezes constantly, is ridiculously sluggish overall, and i'm data roaming just about 50% of the time now.

It's not like i live in the middle of nowhere.  I LIVE IN INDIANAPOLIS.

My Speedtest speeds are the worst they have ever been @ 0.03mbps down, and 0.02mbps up.

This is beyond unacceptable.  The worst part about all this is that overtime started again at my job and i can't even get time to go to the store and have them test it FOR THE 5TH TIME AND THEN TELL ME NOTHING IS WRONG.

Does ANYBODY have ANY idea what i need to do here?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the FI27 update also. Like you my phone's battery is still horrible, the phone locks up, sometimes reboots by itself. As of now, I am thinking the best plan is to eat the ETF, get the Nexus 4 and go prepaid.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat