Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Problems Problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems Problems Problems

I have been a Sprint Customer for some time now. I was with Sprint for years and then left and came back. I have the Samsung Epic 4G touch. All of a sudden with no warning, I am not receiving any calls, I cant use my data, my phone doesn't stay charged, you name it. I have taken my phone to the Sprint store and they have tried to fix it, reset everything they can reset from the PRL to everything. Everytime I call Tech Support, I mysteriously get disconnected. I pay over 200 dollars a month for my service with 4 lines. I CANNOT use my phone and am missing very important phone calls and messages. My daugher purchased the EVO and then her power button stopped working. Out of the clear blue, so I loaned her my old Samsung Moment to use until she could work and make the money to pay her deductible on the insurance. She is a college student. When she got up the money to pay her deductible the insurance company told her they would replace MY SAMSUNG MOMENT, WHICH IS NOT EVEN HER PHONE and that they would not replace her phone because her EVO had not been active on the account for 2 months. What a scam! So when I called in, after being passed around to several CSR's they agreed to send her a old HTC, which is still not fair but okay let's go with that. Then they said for our troubles they would give us a monetary credit over three months on our bill for the trouble we went through. They even gave us a confirmation number of the credit. We saw the credit on one bill and that was that. No other credit. We called they said they fixed it and it is still not reflected. NOW I  have no phone service, no data and she went from an EVO to an Old HTC hero, we have been lied to about credits and treated poorly to say the least. Now everytime I call, I get disconnected and the representative doesn't have the respect to call us back. I am tired, why am I paying all this money for this type of service and treatment?? It is not the towers, it is not the PRL reset it isn't any of that. This is my last reach out before I switch to Verizon. Yes you have to pay for Data with Verizon, but at least you can use your data and your phone. What is the sense in having unlimited data when you can't use it. And is this how Sprint treats their long time customers???

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Problems Problems Problems

Tee,

If you keep the Epic 4G Touch plugged in does it work?

Everything you're mentioning sounds much like the battery issues of late - a replacement battery should get you going again.

If not - in the worst case a Sprint Tech can re-flash the factory system and do a reset including the activation.

Barring any hardware issues the above steps should get the phone working.  If not the phone will likely need replaced.

Highlighted
Journeyman

why do we need to replace the battery garwynn?  who is going to pay for it? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

No it does not work if I keep it plugged in. My phone was working fine until 2 system updates. Now it doesn't work at all and I am very frustrated. It roams when it is plugged in on the charger. I need my phone. I need to receive calls from my employer, etc.. I am not trying to buy a new battery. Then if I invest in a new battery what if that doesn't work and why do I need a new battery?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat