Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with new Android 4.0 update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems with new Android 4.0 update

I was prompted to install the new update. I dutifully followed instructions... and now am very unhappy.

Apps take a long time to open, and my swype doesn't work anymore!

I suppose I'll get used to the load time, but how do I get swype back?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Problems with new Android 4.0 update

You can fix SWYPE by:

-go into settings

-go to applications

-select the "all" tab on top

-scroll down to the SWYPE app and select it

-select clear all data

PS- you will lose all you saved dictionary stuff etc. but the English dictionary problem is fixed and SWYPE will work again.

Journeyman

Wow. That was much easier than I thought! I feel silly now. I tried to figure it out on my own before I posted the question, to no avail. Thank you! Works like a charm now.

Journeyman

Thank you for this.   I knew there had to be a quick fix, (I hoped anyway) and I knew someone in here would have figured it out.  Worked perfectly!

Journeyman

The really crappy thing about this is that when i called sprint about this problem, the moron i spoke with told me it would take a hard reset to fix.  I blew a gasket at the idea of losing text messages and having to reload every app, not to mention completely re-set email and the like.  It is one thing to do that by choice, as when i buy a new phone.  But i was furious at them for causing it, and then telling me too bad.  Thankfully i came here first.  Man, this company sucks.

Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat