cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Menu Screen Activation

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Random Menu Screen Activation

Hello...  Can you please help me too.  I've only had my phone for 5 days and had a hard reset performed the day after I purchased it.  Once I got home, it started again and now it continues to annoy me. Thanks

Journeyman

I see that the question was answered for this post.  Was there a solution to the problem? 

My 1 week old white epic touch is going crazy with random menu popups whenever it switches from wifi to 3g/4g and when there is low signal. 

I'd like to know what the solution was if there was one.  Thanks.  

Journeyman

I have also been having this issue for months. 

HYON2000 wrote:

I see that the question was answered for this post.  Was there a solution to the problem? 

My 1 week old white epic touch is going crazy with random menu popups whenever it switches from wifi to 3g/4g and when there is low signal. 

I'd like to know what the solution was if there was one.  Thanks.  

Actually it was a partial answer. They acknowledged there was a problem and said they were working on it. For my Epic it seems to be a little better but it hasn't gone away. I did delete some programs and did a partial reset so that might have helped but I'm not sure what it was that made it better. I suggest you PM Shane_M and see if he has more info or if he is still collecting data, Rick

Journeyman

Shane, I would like to help solve this issue as well if possible.

Does anyone know if the ICS update fixed this?  It's strange that this never happened the first few months that I owned the phone, and for the past few months, it has been doing it.

Journeyman

I just did the ICS update manually here at work and so far I think my menu popped up once.  I will wait until I get home because that's where it was really going crazy before. lol

Journeyman

Checked when I got home and the crazy menu is still popping up, just not as frantically as it was before.

Journeyman

This has been happening to me both prior to and after the ICS update.  It seems to occur only in low Sprint signal areas (like my house and every other place I have lived, unfortunately.  Though my signal has gotten better recently with the network vision upgrade and I see it far less often) and my own amateur research tells me that it happens when the phone switches to data roaming which it apparently does quite often and very rapidly.  For some reason, when that occurs, it manifests itself as if one were pressing the "hard" menu key on the face of the phone very rapidly.   

My previous ET4G did this too, but that one eventaully got so bad that the entire phone became bricked and I had to exchange it. 

I hope this helps with solving the issue. 

Joe

Journeyman

I noticed that too.(about the roaming) Because in my home we have the worse service but when I'm out and about and have all my bars, it's fine.  Question: What does 'bricked" mean? (I'm still learning lol)

Journeyman

Bricked means completely broken and about as useful as a brick for making a phone call.  It basically just completely froze up and wouldn't work anymore, even after a factory reset. 

Journeyman

That makes sense, hence the word bricked.lol  Thanks.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Wizard

Camoisthenewblack wrote:

Shane, I would like to help solve this issue as well if possible.

Does anyone know if the ICS update fixed this?  It's strange that this never happened the first few months that I owned the phone, and for the past few months, it has been doing it.

We are still actively looking into this issue, I'm sending you some logging instructions, additional logs may help us in finally pinning this annoying issue down.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat