cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Menu Screen Activation

Go to solution
Highlighted

Random Menu Screen Activation

Recently I've been having the menu screen randomly pop up when at the home screen. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what is the cause / fix?  It's not a serious problem but it is annoying.  Thanks, Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Private message sent.

Anyone else experiencing this on the Epic Touch, could always use more examples and information on this!

View solution in original post

57 REPLIES 57
Highlighted
Wizard

I've seen a couple of reports of this before, we are looking for more information on this issue. If you would like I can provide you with some steps to run some logs the next time it occurs that can capture the event and give us more insight into what's causing this.

Highlighted

Thank's Shane_M, you can send those steps to me either here or private message, Rick

Highlighted
Wizard

Private message sent.

Anyone else experiencing this on the Epic Touch, could always use more examples and information on this!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I' ve experienced similar seemingly "random" activation of various menus while utilizing the device for other functions. Started several weeks ago, but can't tie it to any specific event, new app load, etc.  Please PM logging instructions and I'll send along examples of future incidents.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for offering to help out! I've sent you a PM as well.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

I've got it as well, the device acts like it has received commands to go into submenus and provides haptic feedback like you have touched the screen.  I thought it was tied to the "HD Widgets" application as I deleted it and was gone for a day but then returned.  Timing is roughly the same as reginold2012, send me a PM and we'll figure out how to get my handset logs over to you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a well documented problem with the GS2.  This seems to be directly correlated with Sprints poor signal strength. It happens to me ALL the time when I am in many of the Sprints poor service zones.  It also freezes the phone for a while while the menu goes haywire.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this issue with my phone off and on for the last few months .  It happens to me even when I have good signal strength or am on wi-fi.  This week, my husband's phone has started doing the same thing.  I've shut it down, removed the battery, etc, but it comes back.  Sometimes I'm able to go a few days in between instances, but when it happens, it's in rapid succession.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just reading up on this and I can attest that I am also having the same problem. For example, on the home menu, if I try to swipe to a different screen, all of a sudden it is as though I have pressed the menu button and all of those options appear. This has happened quite frequently and really haven't thought twice about it until just now after reading this post. So, is this a software issue? I hope when we get ICS, it will resolve it. Otherwise, I am curious to find out how many more people are experiencing this little bitty bug.

Highlighted
Wizard

Rick,

I received your logs, thanks!

Ramsey646,

I sent you a private message.

Anyone else interested in providing some data logs on this issue please let me know and I will send you a private message with the instructions on how to do it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shane_M,

I am interested also so if you could send me the instructions via a private message I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat