cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently updated, 4G and Wi-Fi keeps turning on by itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Recently updated, 4G and Wi-Fi keeps turning on by itself.

So I just got the update last week.  For the past 2-3 days, my phone keeps turning on 4G by itself.  It would be great if there was 4G coverage here, but there isn't.  I manually turn it off and then about a minute later it gets turned on again.  The wi-fi does this as well.  I'm at work, so there is no wi-fi around.  It's quite annoying and it is draining my battery. I can't keep checking it every minute or so to turn it off.  I Updated Profile and PRL. I restarted the phone a few times as well.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes! This has started happening to me just today! It keeps activating and trying to find 4G, and I unfortunately live in one of those major cities that DOESN'T have 4G yet. GRRRR! What is going on?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a new feature in FL24 - Connections Optimizer.  It can be disabled in Settings -> Mobile Network -> Connections Optimizer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Garwynn!!... I turned the Optimizer off and it's been an hour or so and the 4G and Wi-fi has not turned on by itself. Thanks again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah thanks dude. It's been driving me and my wife crazy!!! Thank God for google lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here, Galaxy Sii.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Garwynn ... You are the best!  Thank you for putting this out there!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat