cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S2 problems after Jelly Bean

Highlighted
Journeyman

S2 problems after Jelly Bean

Updated my S2 to the new Jelly Bean over KIES a few days ago and have had nothing but problems.  What use is it to have all the new things on the phone when the battery will not stay powered up. It goes for 77% to 2% in a matter of seconds and then takes time to power up to even try to start it again. The phone will not connect to wifi without shutting off and restarting at least 3 times and then (when you can finally get it to stay on)it contiually asks for the security code in order to connect to the wifi in my home. My phone just past the 1year mark as of Feb.1 this year. I wish I would have waited longer to download Jelly Bean.I have ordered a new battery but I am afraid that is not the problem as I exchanged batteries with my husband and the phone still does not work the way it did before this download. I would appreciate any ideas on what to do.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: S2 problems after Jelly Bean

I did the update but thru samsung directly rather than kies and I'm happy with it. Not sure what the cause of all the problems might be. I suggest that you bring in the phone to a sprint store and let them know what problems your having. I hope that your problems get fixed so that you can enjoy the jellybean benefits.

Journeyman

Try a factory reset. They can usually fix a ton of issues after a major update.

Journeyman

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.  I replaced the battery and did a factory reset. So far this morning it is working fine. 

Journeyman

Thank you for your reply. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat