cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG GALAXY S II'S JELLY BEAN UPDATE HAS ROYALLY SCREWED ME, THANKS ADOBE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG GALAXY S II'S JELLY BEAN UPDATE HAS ROYALLY SCREWED ME, THANKS ADOBE!

PLEASE HELP ME MY PHONE UPDATED TO THE 4.0 JELLY BEAN AND NOW I HAVE LEARNED THAT ADOBE DOESN'T SUPPORT ANDROID ANYMORE AND HAS MOVED OVER TO THE I PHONE. I CANT PLAY ANY GAMES THAT REQUIRE FLASH AND MY PHONE HAS HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS I CANT SEEM TO FIND A BROWSER THAT SUPPORTS ANY KIND OF FLASH AT ALL I HAVE TRIED DOLPHIN, CHROME AND FIREFOX, MY PHONE SHUTS DOWN ALL THE TIME, MY BATTERY HAS NO LIFE LEFT  AND NOW IT SAYS MY USAGE OF DATA IS CRITICALLY HIGH...WHAT THE HECK???? I AM SO ANGRY, I BOUGHT THIS PHONE JUNE 1ST AND THE SALES REP TOLD ME THIS PHONE WOULD BE THE BEST FIT FOR ME. I WISH I WOULD HAVE GONE WITH MY FIRST INSTINCT AND CHOSE THE I PHONE 4S, UGHHHHH, I CAN'T BELIEVE I SWITCHED FROM T-MOBILE, AT LEAST THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS IMPECCABLE AND I WASNT HAVING TO UPGRADE MY PHONE EVERY OTHER WEEK. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THROUGH THIS...

7 REPLIES 7
GrandMaster

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY S II'S JELLY BEAN UPDATE HAS ROYALLY SCREWED ME, THANKS ADOBE!

didnt the SII just get updated to ICS? like a couple weeks ago?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY S II'S JELLY BEAN UPDATE HAS ROYALLY SCREWED ME, THANKS ADOBE!

Yeah, they started resending ICS a couple weeks ago. I doubt they will even get Jelly Bean on the SGII, let alone this soon if they did.

I'm not sure how to help the OP on this one. As I'm not sure what he actually has. ICS comes with Flash still but he says it's not there. So either it's not installed from the play store or something else.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

if they DO have JB then odds are they rooted the phone and added it..which also means its not on sprint lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Two things lead me to believe that OP is a complete jackass (and make me regret even wasting the time to type this...):

1. It's ICS, not Jelly Bean.
  2. No one will EVER take you seriously if you type in all caps.

Good day sir!

Journeyman

Well put. As I read this posting I envisioned the OP running around the room waving their arms over their head and screaming LOL. 

At any rate, I'll take a stab at helping this poor person.  Please take a look at this thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/478747#478747

Sprint Employee

Hello, if you are having trouble with flash go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/  from your phone's stock browser. Adobe flash will continue to work in Android 4.0.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) Have you changed any settings to improve your battery life yet? The warning for data can be changed, or disabled from Menu>Settings>Usage I believe. Please let me know if You have any other questions or concerns as well.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

You're kinder than I, but that's probably for the best!  Good stuff!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat