cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 EPIC 4G UPDATED AND RUINED!!

Journeyman

SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 EPIC 4G UPDATED AND RUINED!!

My phone is not "rooted" or anything else that techies talk about.

It is not anything at the moment.

In August the big update came through..........grrr....

Here's what I have recieved from this update in order of occurence as best as I can remember:

immediately following update 4g was gone. I have not been able to connect even once

phone heating up

battery life is severely shortened

wifi weak

programs freezing

msgs and voicemail coming in batches

AND THEN:

PHONE FROZE AND RESET!!

Settings, contacts, Sprint ids, ALL GONE.

gmail, tutorials reset

It was like I just got it but not. The rest of the apps are still there but except for a few they won't open or freeze on opening or most commonly pop up that says it has "stopped working"

So Fine, I dealt with it. Uninstalled and reinstalled apps and some of them work fine.

after that things started going beserk again.

gmail wont sync, then quit opening

other apps start to open then just stop and go back to phones home screen

phone shuts off when some apps open

gives battery alert, but after plug in, shows battery at the real level (from 1/2 to almost full)

EXTREME HEAT coming off the phone, mostly from just above the battery in the back.

Last night it froze, shut off and then restarted and froze on the 4g screen.

Throughout this I have:

taken battery out and put back in: Solved: phone goes from dead to regular off mode(blinking red) turns on normal but sometimes says battery is critically low, then shows 75% as soon as I plug it in.

removed apps (to use less memory)

pressed volume down, home, and power. ( under advisement) Solved: Nothing because when I try tu use any of the options in the menu they all (sub menus) end with no options

removed sd card. Solved: nothing

taken battery out over night Solved: nothing

left it on the 4g screen for extended period of time Soved: nothing!  if not plugged in it just dies after a while. if plugged in it heats up enough to burn you.

Sooo....now what? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

41 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 EPIC 4G UPDATED AND RUINED!!

Thare are tons of complains from us in another thread. Look at the right and see the popular bookmarks. On top of the list it's the "Post your Epic 4G Touch ICS problems here"

There's no solution about the UD yet. Maybe they'll fix it in Jellybean but Sprint hasn't made an anouncement yet.

Wizard

I'm sorry that you are having trouble after updating. had you been able to complete a factory reset from the settings if unable to from the boot loader by holding volume- at boot up?

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply.

I spent an hour or so reading other posts, and most cover 1 issue at a time (which is good) I was looking for someone having the abundance of issues all together.

I did go the the post your problems here thread, but it says it wants issues from specific dates, and i don't fall in there. ;(

Maybe I will have to take yet another trip to the sprint store.

Thanks again.

Wizard

Sunryse, you may not have to waste a trip to the store, I will gladly help you.

Journeyman

Thankyou RC.

Are you saying to try holding JUST volume at boot up?

Not the volume, home and power buttons? (i didn't really understand holding the home button since it's on the screen)

Wizard

there are a few ways to reset this phone, I would suggest from main menu select settings > privacy > factory reset. So you have fair warning this will erase all data from your phone, after resetting I may suggest using the phone with out readding email/sync accounts, at least for a time after the reset to see how big of a difference in these complaints that there is, you may also consider going without the SD card, and turn off 4G/WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS (keep in mind this is not necessary, but may help highlight the phone/operating systems performance without interference). By the way I was wondering if your phone is running FF18, or FH13?

Journeyman

Ummm... I don't know what its running.

I can't get past the 4g screen lol.

it goes from Galaxy SII Screen to Sprint screen to 4g screen and freezes

I just tried the volume down and power key and got this:

WARNING!!

a custom os can cause critical problems in phone and applications

If you want to download a custom OS, press volume up

Otherwise press volume down to cancel

SCARY!!

I pressed down!!

Journeyman

RC?

Did I lose you? lol.

Journeyman

Dude, if you don't mind losing everything on your phone, power off, then press power + volume up and release when you see the galaxy s 2 logo. Then select factory reset or something like that. I recommend backing up first.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.