cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card issues, corrupted photo and video

Journeyman

Til recently I've been super impressed by this device.  I recently attempted to move files from the what I like to call fake SD card scene as the internal sd card or usb storage to the actualy external sd card and ran into the problem of seeing a little icon on some pictures taken from the device camera and some of my videos taken on the device had a unsupported file type pop up.  I will attach these photos showing them.  I am currently using stellarphoenix to try and uncorrupt or to fix the issues however I am not hopeful since this has failed already once using another recovery program. 

I know other galaxy s2 users are having issues with the naming scheme of the SD card both internal and external, and I am aware that before the gingerbread update that some gliches actually corrupted SD cards.  I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if this has or is happening to you.  Thanks in advance.

Photo on 11-3-11 at 11.47 AM.jpgPhoto on 11-3-11 at 11.46 AM.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

First of all, you can take screen shots of your device by hitting the home key and the power button at the same time.

Second, I too have seen unsupported file type errors from my .mp4 videos that worked on every other device I've owned.  I've reformatted the external and internal space and always get that error.  I haven't had the second image be a problem for me. Overall, I use Astro file manager to keep things in the right place, but haven't tried to fix any files.

Journeyman

I know you can do the screen shot that way, I was just doing what was faster at the time, macbooks are handy.

I've heard many people have had errors but no known solution or even real reason as to why.  I've posted on the android forum as well, no replies yet.

Journeyman

Here is a screen shot of my camera folder in gallery you can see pictures and video are not showing.

SC20111103-133031.png

GrandMaster

did you notice on astro file after their last update it now has a built in task killer?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

hi all , man i got the same problem with my galaxy s2, and this corrupted file 'picture or video or sometimes game or application'' appear when i plug the usb cable in the phone or when i restart , i mean when the phone try to analyze files on sd card , this when file become corrupted , and afteerr some research i find that when i use boost sd card with 1024kb or 2048kb cache , this until now make my sd work fine with no corrupted files , try it and reply if it works for u

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat