Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Phone issues since update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Phone issues since update

Hello..please help!

About a month ago my phone said there was an update, so I clicked okay to update.  Every since then my phone has been doing crazy things.  First, when I have Wifi turned off, it will sporadically keep trying to turn back on.  It has just gotten worse over the last week.  For instance, when I’m at work, there is no WiFi that I can connect to.  So all day long while I am at work, I keep having to turn off the WiFi only to have it turn back on.

I have the same issue with 4G.  I’m in Milwaukee, WI and as far as I know, we don’t even have 4G yet.  Yet all day long, my 4G keeps trying to come one and connect.  I turn it off only to have it switch back on minutes later. 

Now, today, my phone has turned on and off by itself at least 5 times..and it’s only noon. And I’m having a really hard time connecting to even 3G.

This is becoming really annoying.

Is there something that I can do to fix this?  Do I need to have it taken in to be looked at. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic 4G Touch Phone issues since update

The wifi issue may be the Sprint Connections Optimizer.  You can turn it off in Settings which I would recommend. 

My phone is a little over a year old and, since I have a lot of battery drain during the day at my office (has only gotten worse in the past several months), I am always charging it at work.  I think all the extra charing has shortened the life of the battery.  My phone will say there is 60% battery and then suddenly shut off.  When I turn it back on it says connect to charger.  If I do connect to the charger right away, sometimes it will say there is still 40-60% battery?  I also get a smell coming off the battery when it does this (may need to take the back cover off the phone to smell it).  Anyway I am getting a new battery today and I hope it helps all the wonky stuff that has been going on lately (ie no signal at all, random reboots/battery drain, message about international roaming when sending texts and I am clearly not internationally roaming).  If I can I will update this in about a week with my new battery.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey! Where in Milwaukee are you getting 4g show up? From what I'm reading they're just starting work in mke!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have only been able to get 4g in downtown Milwaukee near the Marquette campus.  But it doesn't stay connected for long.  I think the longest I've had it connected is 5 minutes..and that's being generous!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat