cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Update - Jelly Bean

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Epic 4G Touch Update - Jelly Bean

I just spoke with a rep who said that he knew for a fact ICS would be rolled out OTA in the middle of July. Rep also stated that there is a good chance that 4.1 (JB) would quickly follow. JB is not fundamentally different from ICS. Just a less buggy refresh.

Journeyman

If this is true, then there will be thousands of happy Sprint campers.  This just looks way to familar...Windows.  I will wait just like everyone else is waiting.  However, more information shared openly would help matters.

Journeyman

Wouldn't that be great!! I'm holding out for the next nexus phone so it would be nice to get JB on the ET4G!

Journeyman

Sprint is completely slacking and it's starting to annoy me. How does both Droid razor phones get the update and all spint has done was make false statements on dates of the send out? To be honest Id switch to a more reliable company in a millisecond if i didn't have to pay a arm and a leg to transfer carriers.

Journeyman

It seems that the update to ICS will begin on tomorrow (12th July) according to the articles that I have read thus far.  The articles also stated that it will be an OTA type of update.  They, Sprint, hope to have the updates completed by the 20th.  Well, let's wait and see if tomorrow happens.  If you get it, please let us know. 

Journeyman

LOL, it's taken them almost a year for ICS. They aren't going to scrap that and start over.

My bet is the GS2 will not get JB.

Hopefulyl now that samsung gave the same hardware for all GS3 devices, updates will be faster. Don't want to wait? get a Nexus.

Journeyman

I might be wrong but I thought E4GT rolled out to Sprint in the fall? That makes it less than a year to get ICS and we had one of the hardest builds since we have EVDO.

That said I think it is worth being cautiously optimistic that we will see JB before it goes EOL.  At the least devs are working on custom ROMs for it - and now have an ICS source to apply JB updates to.

Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Journeyman

I am impressed by your dedication.  You have placed that post in damn near every post on the site....very impressive.  Hopefully it gets us somewhere but I'm sure the few hundred of us that know enough to go on here and complain won't be enough for Sprint to listen when they have millions of other users with Epic Touch not complaining at all.

When I went to Sprint's store recently for the 3rd time about my GPS they said, "boy i'm really surprised you're having these problems, there are millions of these phones out there and I've never heard of this issue" I thought I was going to explode at that point...Their solve for my gps problem?  Downloaded GPS Test, cleared/updated agps and gave me the phone back and said make sure you're outside.  I couldn't believe it, well actually I could believe it...

Journeyman

I see that those that saw the ICS update got more than what they were expecting.  I am so sorry that the ICS update has not went well.  Needless to say, it is the 28th of July 2012, and I have yet to see the update.  I must say with all that I have read and seen posted on-line, I am glad that I have not seen it.  Perhaps Jelly Bean will clean all this up or Sprint will some how re-release ICS with fixes so that their once flagship device will shine again....

Journeyman

I'm don't think Sprint will release the update to the Epic 4G Touch just because of their bad timing with the ICS update (I just got mine last week). But the only thing that makes it surprising is that the E4GT has very equal (if not better) specs to the Galaxy Nexus. I think it is perfectly capable of running Jelly Bean, but the carrier will just not make the effort to develop it and then release it to E4GT customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For those pessimists saying JB isn't coming, Sammy already is working on it for the GS2 line.  And rumors are already floating that JB builds are coming.

For those that have the E4GT, you're not done yet by far.  (3 builds already after FH13 were made but not officially released.)

One other thing - glad that Connection Optimizer is now included.  Good job, Sprint!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat