cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G and LTE

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G and LTE

So, I'm pretty sure the tech I spoke to below is incorrect and received the incorrect info about Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G on the new LTE network for sprint.  If you read the convo below you will clearly see she says the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G WILL support LTE.  I've heard that it does not have the antenna to support LTE.  Can anyone confirm this either way?

Customer: Do you know if they are updating it to 4g or 4g LTE?

Tammy C: It is 4G LTE

Customer: My understanding is that I won't be able to take advantage of that with my current phone (samsung galaxy s II touch) because it doesn't support LTE. Is that correct?

Tammy C: Please let me check this for you.

Tammy C: Thank you for waiting.

Tammy C: I have discussed the case with my supervisor and yes, your phone (samsung galaxy s II touch) will work with it.

Tammy C: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

Customer: So, it DOES have the proper Antennas to receive the LTE signal?

Tammy C: Yes.

Tammy C: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

Customer: that is all. Thank you!

Tammy C: You are most welcome.

31 REPLIES 31
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G and LTE

That's most interesting...I just got off of the phone with a Rep. that said that the S II will NOT support LTE (when available). He went on to say that no CURRENT Sprint phone will be able to support LTE. Over the weekend, a Rep at Best Buy told me that the SII WILL support LTE.

I can't stand inconsistent info.

Wizard

The Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch is Wi-Max capable but will not support LTE. We will be launching new devices that do support LTE such as Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, HTC EVO 4G LTE, and the LG Viper 4G LTE.

Wizard

As it stands now, none of the current phone would connect to LTE. I have not heard whether or not the radio could be flashed to connect to LTE but I doubt it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

PhysicsGuru wrote:

The Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch is Wi-Max capable but will not support LTE. We will be launching new devices that do support LTE such as Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE, HTC EVO 4G LTE, and the LG Viper 4G LTE.

Any chance sprint will offer those of us that just recently signed a new contract (not knowing about LTE coming) with a new phone that doesn't support LTE an option to resign again with a phone that does supported LTE?

Sprint Employee

At this time there are no plans to offer an exception to our normal upgrade process. Wimax 4G will be made available for some time to come.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

At this time there are no plans to offer an exception to our normal upgrade process. Wimax 4G will be made available for some time to come.

Has Sprint stopped rolling out Wi-Max?  While we have a few Wi-Max towers here in town they are no were near where I could access them. 

Sprint Employee

I'm not certain of all plans, the Network Vision site will be able to provide you with more information than I can.

Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

I'm not certain of all plans, the Network Vision site will be able to provide you with more information than I can.

Link doesn't seem to work.

Wizard

JTMax wrote:

RC1024 wrote:

Link doesn't seem to work.

Worked for me. It is directing you to the same place as network.sprint.com. But I do not think it has anything about plans or devices.

Sprint Employee

It also takes me to the same place that Network.sprint.com does.

Journeyman

wimax will be supported by sprint up to 2013 afterwhich the wimax towers will be shut down. so if you have just purchased your phone you will be able to use it on 4g wimax until the very end of 2013 afterwhich you will be able to upgrade to a new device anyway (maybe a few months after wimax support has ended). LTE antenna is different hardware from WImax radio, radios cannot be flashed to make a wimax phone compatible with LTE. if u have purchased a wimax radio

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat