cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G and LTE

Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G and LTE

The Atlanta area is one of the announced initial locations so I hope it gets done sooner rather than later. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

The LTE rollout is performed hand in hand with the Network Vision relaunch of our 3G network. It is currently on schedule to be completed netionwide by the end of 2013. A few areas have already been announced, but I don't remember which ones off the top of my head, the information was posted in a blog post here in the Community.

Here is some recent information on LTE rumored coverage:

Sprint map shows 4G LTE coverage plans for 2014

Highlighted
GrandMaster

so much for 2013 lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

You know that old saying, "Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get"

GrandMaster

its a safe bet i'll be getting a box of "well after 2013" lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just to be clear the SGSII Epic 4g Touch does NOT support LTE as stated on samsungs own product spec sheet here http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SPH-D710ZKASPR-specs

Journeyman

I just bought my galaxy s 2 in feb 2013 what happens whens there isnt any wimax towers and my contract hasnt ended yet

Journeyman

I'll give you the Sprint Cares response:  "We are unable to provide any details until we reach that point."

Translation:  They haven't figured out what they are going to do yet.  Common wisdom suggests they'll do like they did with iDEN, push a deal to get any holdouts off of WiMax when they're ready to turn off all of the towers.  In your particular market that may not happen in the 2 years you've got.

Probably something you won't need to worry about since that's one of the last WiMax phones they will sell.  One would think Sprint will stop selling them at some point to make sure they avoid the situation you just mentioned.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.