cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S II upgrade STINKS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II upgrade STINKS!

I did the upgrade because I got the "system needs to upgrade " notice. Now my computer only recognizes it as a camera, and I can no longer upload music to it. This really sucks because that was one of the selling points for me. And, I changed the font, but it does not apply on Facebook (as it did before the upgrade). anyone else having these issues?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II upgrade STINKS!

Hello JBCB, while your phone is connected to your computer, you should have 2 modes available, Media transfer protocol, and picture transfer protocol. MTP should allow access to the files on your computer using a file explorer like the "Computer" icon that you see in the start menu of vista/windows 7. On a test phone Facebook does show the selected system font in some places (got as far as login screen because I do not have a valid facebook account to login with).

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Master

RC1024, That don't work, There are many complaints about the removal of the settings it had before with Gingerbread. For some reason USB transfer was removed from the settings, You have to use the Kies app now.
http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onPc.as

On a MAC you have to download either Kies(I use the app available on the phone, not the one you install on the MAC) or "Android File Transfer", With AFT once connected you have to choose "Camera (PTP)" to enable USB transfer.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello Levi4u, which part are you saying doesn't work? I copied files to and from this phone using windows 7 after the update, I confirmed that MTP allowed mass storage access to storage card, and USB storage area. I have not confirmed this information for a Mac.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RC1024, when i plug in to my PC, I get prompted to choose what program I want to upload my photos. PTP works fine, but when I choose MTP (without unplugging), I get re-prompted about the photos again. Sprint told me to bring it to a servie center to be replaced with a new phone, free of charge. There has been numerous complaints about the new software uploads. Thank you for your feedback!

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

When you have USB connected, MTP selected, and open "computer" from start menu what do you see?

Highlighted
Journeyman

it is blank - there should be folders

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/456980#456980 this is the answer I was looking for!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

JBCB, Conveniently that discussion was archived..  Probably because it doesn't entirely address problem with MTP.

RC1024, bless your heart for trying to help, but you're not testing for or providing a complete solution to the problem and don't seem to understand the problem being reported.

Sure you can see the phone and SD card memory in Windows Explorer, and you can copy files to and from them.. You CAN NOT sync, import, or view the SD card from a media application.  Thumbnails no longer work in Windows explorer either so if you have a bunch of pictures that you want to selectively copy a few to your computer you can't see which ones are which without opening each one individually.    File properties for the files are no longer available.

MTP is still broken and Sprint is still not providing USB Mode to work around the severe limitations that MTP has imposed upon us customers.

Bryan

Highlighted
Journeyman

After upgrade you must do a factory reset. It will solve the problems you're having as well as battery and speed issues. Backup your contacts and pics. Music is on the USB drive so it's safe. Just re-download your apps.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat