Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch + ICS?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch + ICS?

Will there ever be an update?

22 REPLIES 22
Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch + ICS?

We have released a new Software Version for that device(Samsung Galaxy S2) FF18 on 07/12/2012 which has Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade. You can do OTA upgrade by going to - Press Menu, then tap Settings. Scroll up and tap About Phone. Tap System Updates. Tap one of the options depending on update. Update Firmware. Update Android. Checking for Software update. Please wait… is displayed. Follow the onscreen prompts to update the Firmware or Android OS.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

I have tried all of this yet for some reason my phone doesn't catch an update. It is still sitting on Gingerbread. Is there any way to force update it or, because of what I have seen on the forums about how bad the update is, is it not even worth it?

Master

Software updates are released in different phases. When it's released, you'll see an update on your device.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

I just went through an excruciating day after the new upgrade.  My symptom (and I understand many have had the same thing) was when I went to my eMail app.  All that was visible was two black rectangle areas with a checkbox on the left and an up/down arrow on the right.  I couldn't see any eMails.

After an exhausting day of online chat, phone call with tech. support, I finally took the phone over to my local Sprint store.

After 2 hours, the tech stumbled onto the fix.  He had to change the Font from normal to small and then all the eMails were displayed.  He set it back to normal and everything is fine.

I've heard there were tons of problems with this upgrade.  Makes you ask "Did Samsung test the upgrade before releasing it?".  I say NO.  They certainly didn't test it enough.  Someone from Sprint should get in touch with Samsung and have a lengthy meeting with them about this.

Also, the next time Samsung does an upgrade, a little heads up with the Sprint technical staff should be done ahead of time.  The word I got was that Sprint knew nothing and then all of a sudden got a slew of calls starting yesterday...

Journeyman

THIS TOTALLY HELPED ME!!! I had the same problem! Thank you soooo much!!

Journeyman

Abe

My wife and I both have the Galaxy Sii and we bought both on same day.

She got the upgrade yesterday but I did not, nor can I download it.

Why?

The worst part, she could care less, and I have been waiting for ever to get it.

Life is so unfair.

Journeyman

I got the update today, but now for some reason my Swype will not work!  A message pops up saying "Open of EnglushUS failed!"  And this is when I try to use Swype.  I have no idea what to do to get it working again.  I hate using the stock samsung keyboard.  Anyone else get this problem or knoow what to do?  Hopefully I can make it to the Sprint Store tomorrow!

Journeyman

Both my wife and I have the same problem with our swipe, same error too!!!! Please help ASAP

Journeyman

Here is what I have found:

The Fix for Swype Open of US Failed Error

Go to your settings

Go to Applications

Along the top there are now four options (Download, On SD Card, Running, All) Choose ‘All’.

Scroll down to Swype

Click ‘Clear Data’

And you are done, the ‘Open of EnglishUS Failed’ message should be gone, and swype should be back!

Journeyman

I just forced the update and everything is working fine for me now.

Journeyman

Why didn't you say that in the first place!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat