cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch & Jelly Bean

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch & Jelly Bean

Will the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch get Jelly Bean? When I was having trouble getting ICS and a Tech with Sprint told me over the phone that the Epic 4G was going to get Jelly Bean. I have not been impressed with ICS and am hoping that the tech was right. Has anyone heard the same????  Will it happen and how soon?

8 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch & Jelly Bean

I too have the galaxy sII epic 4g updated to ICS but I am really looking forward to Jelly Bean.  I have a Nexus 7 Tablet running Jelly Bean and I can't wait for my phone to be on Jelly Bean.  It is very slick OS.  Any word on when it will be updated.  I just saw on Samsungs website that they have approved Jelly Bean for the Epic 4g.

Sprint Employee

Where did you find that the US / Sprint version of the Epic, Epic touch, or galaxy S 3 will get Jelly bean? I still only find references to the GSM version/unbranded on the Swedish facebook.

Sprint Employee

So far i have note seen any announcements that Jellybean has been developed/announced for any of the Sprint branded Galaxy S series phones.

Journeyman

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-jelly-bean-update-confirmed-for-october-50009150/

This obviously is UK/Euro information, but it's officially announced. Whether it’s in a CDMA or GSM variant...? What I DO know is that the ICS 4.0.4 FH13 variant I have is a rather lame attempt at a save from the previous 4.0.x. My phone continues to drain at inexcusable rate, after wiping my phone to stock, clearing everything possible and starting over from scratch, multiple times I might add. Granted I made this choice to update, but as Samsung continues to offer support and update to this specific model of phone, and so too should Sprint be MANDATED to maintain the same service level. If I am under agreement and contract for a two year period, isn’t Sprint under the same contract to distribute upgrades offered by the manufacturer of my chosen device? Whether it’s been “announced” or not, Sprint developers had best be on their feet and running for the Samsung provided ROMs.

Journeyman

People HAVE successfully put Jellybean on a (rooted) GS2, so it IS possible.    I'd expect it to eventually happen officially. I also believe it will alleviate the screen lag issues noticable on ICS.

Journeyman

Alongside today's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for some Galaxy S3 models, the Korean manufacturer has confirmed that it'll also be updating some fifteen existing devices to the latest version of Google's OS. Though no timeframe for release is provided, owners of the devices below can rest assured that they'll eventually get Jelly Bean, even if the update takes a few months to arrive.

The devices so far confirmed by Samsung as "following soon" are --(SOURCE: Androidcentral)

GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 & 10.1, GALAXY Note 10.1, GALAXY SII, GALAXY Note, GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus, GALAXY S Advance, GALAXY SII LTE, GALAXY Music, GALAXY Chat, GALAXY Ace 2, GALAXY Beam, GALAXY Ace Plus, GALAXY mini II and GALAXY S DUOS.

Journeyman

Keep in mind the Galaxy SII is not a Sprint only device. The SII is branded on a lot of different phones on a lot of different carriers, even worldwide. If anything, the update may hit overseas, but here in the US at Sprint, it is horribly unlikely.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's in development.  RC and other folks can't normally comment on internal test builds though.

http://device.sprintpcs.com/Samsung/SPH-D710/latest   (Last build 12/16, ver. 4.1.2)

Very nice build, puts ICS to shame.  Hope it rolls out early next year.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.