cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 Power Button Broken After Recent Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Power Button Broken After Recent Update

So i was just having this problem and i fixed it...hold down home button go into task manger and clear your ram..shutphone down and it works:)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been having the exact same problem(power button short circuit, random power off,etc.) ever since I updated the phone. I also have a cracked screen so sprint won't even touch it to fix it. I'm really upset that there still is no resolution to this problem and I am not pleased with sprint's service. I've been considering getting a new phone, but I am not willing to pay full price for a new phone (I am a year away from my update) I would be so pleased if there was a solution or a discount on a new phone for customers with this problem.

I don't know if that is possible, but please anything will help because I travel very often and could need my phone in a case of emergency. Someone please contact me if you know how to fix this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Putting my name in the hat. My s2 is doing the exact Same thing. I worked around it for awhile by very gently sliding my finger across the power button as if the power button was extremely sensitive. Every time i would actually press the button it would turn off. What a frustrating phone. I like sprint. But i don't believe in paying a bill for a phone i can barely use. I'm so over this

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue with my Galaxy S2.   I have a phone that I can not use.  I go to the store where they are usually very helpful to hear we can't help you due to the fact that you have a cracked screen.  My screen has been cracked (just the outside) for over 6 months and this has not affected my phone.  Well that is until now.... my phone just shuts off and cycles throuhg resetting its self.  I try and make a call it shuts down my phone.  I touch the power button at all even the slightest touch and the menu screen pops up to restart, shut down or airplane mode.  Before you can even clear the screen it has already shut down.  Once it restarts it goes through all of the same cycle just continues to reboot its self over and over until the battery is pulled.  I know that my screen has nothing to do with the fact that this phone has some issues.  We have 3 of the Galaxy S2 phones and they are all experiencing different issues.  My son has had his phone less than a year and it overheats.  Do you think that Sprint cares Well guess what they don't one the small crack on the phone. 

Highlighted
Master

CARLBENNET, 

Thank you for posting and for reaching out to us in regards to your situation. Do you currently have Total Equipment Protection insurance on your devices? Have you brought them all into a Sprint service and repair center to address their issues? If so, what options for repair or possible replacement were presented? If you can elaborate on your experience it would be most helpful. Please let me know. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much, it fixed my problem! phew! Thanks so so much.

My warranty automatically ended ten days ago, (they dont insure phones beyond 2 years) and somehow the screen has been acting funky lately. Thanks again

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, I didn't realize ear piece works too.

My phone went out of warranty ten days ago (since they dont insure phones beyond two years) and suddenly the screen started to act funky.

Thanks for sharing!

Highlighted
Master

zuzu1234

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I am happy to hear your issue was resolved; however I am concerned over the repair coverage of your device. Please advise of which device you are using. Even though the manufacture warranty has expired, you can still qualify for our monthly insurance plan via Asurion. 

You would not be able to add it at this time, because the ESN (equipment serial number) has been active longer than 30 days. Nevertheless, when open enrollment rolls around, you would be eligible to add at that time. 

If there is anything further we can assist you with, just let us know.

Zena
Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine too folks.  Ever since the update- mine has the same power button issue, same wifi issue too where it connects then have to put in PW again then it reboots.  Have to plug in then unplug charger to get access to screen,thought it was a battery issue bought a new one off Amazon NOPE SAME THING.  Can't have it looked at due to cracked screen.  Come on SPRINT, SAMSUNG apparently there is something going on with this update and the S II what are you going to do. Balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Highlighted
Master

Gary913f

Good day,
Sorry to hear about all the issues you have been having with your device. Having a cracked screen can sometimes lead to other unknown issues. Have you looked into getting your device replaced? Can you try updating the profile, reboot device and then connect to WiFi?

Ash
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The off on issue began a few weeks ago, and just two days ago, the power button will not activate the phone every time.  Thoughts?

Highlighted
Master

OllieWally

I would recommend at this time to take your device in to a service and repair location to have them look into your power button concerns. There is a possibility that it may need to be replaced.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat