cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly

Well that was useful - NOT.  The best Samsung could say is "send it back to us and we'll send you another one" - never mind that I am already on my third one with the same problem.  As for this being a real issue, she said that Samsung has milliions of happy customers, so it can't be a generic problem. All I can say is now they have "millions minus one" customers, as I am off to HTC land.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had this issue as well, so has my brother. We have both factory reset, and both bought brand new batteries. The phones still shut off by themselves 40+ times a day (not an exageration). Sprint has not been willing to help at all. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT....Ive been going to the sprint store with the same issue for the past 7months and been with 8 different galaxy s2 and about double of the batteries still persist to continue. ive called technical numeruos time to be transferred to be given the same response and just to waste my time and gas to go to the sprint store and have me and the idiots merry go around of excuses...your best bet is leave Sprint and save yourself!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So did something change in the force field?  Ever since I went into Best Buy last Friday and looked at some possible replacement phones, settling on the Galaxy Victory - my phone has not died ONCE!  This after dying 2-3 times a day.  What happened?  Did my phone see its future and got scared, or did Samsung download some new update to fix the problem?

Journeyman

My Galaxy SII was repeatedly shutting off for no reason whatsoever about 3-4 times a day. I went to the local Spring store and was told by a representative that it can either be the battery being swollen, or the SD card being outdated. Apparently outdated SD cards do not work well with the latest Android updates. If your most-used apps are moved to the SD card, the "speed" (or something like that) of the older SD cards can be too slow and can cause the phone to shut down. The Sprint rep recommended getting a new SD card, and a new battery. However, I was able to get the ok for a new phone to be ordered. I am still under manufacturer's warranty.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My last optimistic post turned to be unwarranted.  The phone has died several times since then, so it's going back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I appear to be having the same issue that everyone else on this post is having. My battery continues to swell as I wait for a replacement in the mail.

Sprint/Samsung, shouldn't this be a recall item? I would expect for an old battery to simply lose life over time and need to be charged more often. The issue we are all experiencing however, is much more severe than that. We have major loss of function, which could potentially cause other hardware issues with the phone (from uncontrolled shutdowns etc) and perhaps a hazard if the battery were to perhaps start leaking, etc.

Customer support stated that there is nothing they can do since I've had the phone over 1 year & don't have insurance. In my opinion, the least Sprint could do is provide a loner battery until a new one arrives in the mail.

I submitted my details to Fergie_B and received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your questions and concerns.  It has been a pleasure assisting all of my customers on Sprint.com. You are receiving this message because I have either recently helped you or are currently assisting you in a matter regarding your device or account.  I have accepted a new position within the company which will remove me from offline support on the community.  If you have any further questions or concerns after 12/24/2012, please contact Sprint Cares at SprintCares@sprint.com or SprintCares within the community.  They will be able to assign an appropriate tech to your case for assistance.  I will still be around on the community, but cannot guarantee I'll be able to assist with your urgent needs going forward.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support

Highlighted
Wizard

Maybe people should start reporting this here https://www.cpsc.gov/ and have them investage this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having issues with my S2 for months, prior to the 1 year warranty expiring. The battery lasts only a few hours and constantly shuts off. I brought it to a Sprint store and they did a factory reset and gave me a new battery. After a week, it was still shutting off and the battery drained quickly and I do not have the luxury of just strolling into a Sprint store at my leisure to get it resolved. I have to run out of work and drop it off and rush there after work to pick it up. I brought it in again and they did a factory reset and gave me a new battery, the minute I get home, the battery is drained. I bring it in the next day and they gave me a new battery again. I dont understand why they cannot order me a new phone, I have insurance. And the 1st time i brought it in, it would have been covered by warranty and not even affected Sprint. This is so ridicious! I'm paying for a service I'm not using because the phone cant stay on long enough for me to use it and I'm stuck in a 2 year contract

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having issues with my S2 for months, prior to the 1 year warranty expiring. The battery lasts only a few hours and constantly shuts off. I brought it to a Sprint store and they did a factory reset and gave me a new battery. After a week, it was still shutting off and the battery drained quickly and I do not have the luxury of just strolling into a Sprint store at my leisure to get it resolved. I have to run out of work and drop it off and rush there after work to pick it up. I brought it in again and they did a factory reset and gave me a new battery, the minute I get home, the battery is drained. I bring it in the next day and they gave me a new battery again. I dont understand why they cannot order me a new phone, I have insurance. And the 1st time i brought it in, it would have been covered by warranty and not even affected Sprint. This is so ridicious! I'm paying for a service I'm not using because the phone cant stay on long enough for me to use it and I'm stuck in a 2 year contract

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat