cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly

I have the same problem and it started just after my phone turned 1.  I've been dealing with it for a little over a month now and it's a pain.  Tried updating it, but same problem persists.  Going to the store today to see what they can do, but I'm sure the solution will require me to buy something new.  I do find it odd that the probleem is happening to everybody right after the manufacturer warranty expires.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the battery replaced 5 times and the phone three times.  I am still experiencing the same issue with my phone.  The replacement phone shuts down and reboots by itself 7 or 8 times a day--I worked with support on this issue and there solution was replacing this phone with another refurbished phone.  Since its the same occurance I am beginning to wonder if I am the only that has been experiencing this type of issue with the phone or if other have had similar experiences. I am just glad to see that I am not the only experiencing this issue with my phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hate the run around here... I was brought up on the concept that honesty is best... it is very obvious that at 1yr.. this particular phone and it's battery are having habitual problems and they should be addresed properly. I too have the same phone the same age and the SAME PROBLEMS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have the same problem. Now I've been getting another problem (likely related to the battery) where it says "charging paused voltage too high."  Really, what I think is happening, is that some update ended up frying the battery in this phone. If it was bad enough, it affected the phone and caused corrosion as well. Now, when I take it to the Sprint store, they tell me that it has "water damage." Well, I know that's impossible, and both my batteries (replaced one thinking it was the problem) indicate no damage.

The Sprint reps at the store told me to either send it to Asurion for a claim (no thanks) or wait until my upgrade in July. Unfortunately, I can't really wait that long and I don't want to shell out a couple hundred bucks to the people who caused the problem in the first place. If you Google the random restart problem, you'll find hundreds, if not thousands, of people with the same problem. Honestly, it's embarassing that Sprint, Samsung, or both haven't addressed a known issue, but rather hidden behind a veil of ignorance and continued to accept our money. I'll be making one last trip to the Sprint store once I have undeniable proof (I have proof, but they'll just blame it on me "water damaging" my phone), and if it's not fixed I'll be switching carriers. Sticking with THIS phone is a recipe for disaster, so I recommend you switch as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have posted many problems with my Galaxy phone in recent months but until the last few days, this was not one of them.  Now, however, my phone turns itself off and then reboots.  Or it freezes up and will not let me shut down the normal way.Just today I was about 5 feet away from the phone and saw it go through this routine as I was watching.  I thought maybe the first time was a fluke but after today and after reading the blogs I don't think so.

I am lucky IF I can get ANY network/internet connection which has been going on for the last 5 or 6 months.  Many calls to tech support - no solutions!  Several online chats were a waste of time.  Several times I was told that a senior supervisor would either call me, email me or come to my home.  Have not seen nor heard from that person as yet - not that it would do any good. 

I got the phone 1 year ago and this is the 4th phone I have had for several various reasons.  Sprint merged with Nextel and ruined what was a GREAT cell phone company and then they outsourced the field ops to Ericsson which was the final straw.  Sprint is now the worst cell company in the industry.  I feel for you and know how frustrating this is and I offer no hope for an acceptable solution

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. My GSll will freeze up and I have to remove battery to get it to work, messaging "stops working", battery drains fast and now the past few days it has been shutting off and restarting on its on. I have done the reset but it started shutting off again today. Have not downloaded anything new. It is starting to get on my last nerve. Have been a Sprint customer for over 13 years with never an issue with service or phones until now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will post this again as I'm still running on this generic replacement battery for 2 months without the issue occuring.  All of the issues described in this thread happned to me on a daily basis until I bought this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1480FC6696

I'm not saying this is going to fix anything at all but It's 5 bucks with free shipping and after seeing the frustrastion from everyone I would consider it worth a shot.

After reading through reply after reply we see people getting new phones and batteries only for the issue to occur again.  But what if the stock battery is actually the problem?  You would never get that admission or a recommendation to try an after market battery from a Sprint store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

horby wrote:

I will post this again as I'm still running on this generic replacement battery for 2 months without the issue occuring.  All of the issues described in this thread happned to me on a daily basis until I bought this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1480FC6696

I'm not saying this is going to fix anything at all but It's 5 bucks with free shipping and after seeing the frustrastion from everyone I would consider it worth a shot.

After reading through reply after reply we see people getting new phones and batteries only for the issue to occur again.  But what if the stock battery is actually the problem?  You would never get that admission or a recommendation to try an after market battery from a Sprint store.

Thank you horby. I will give it a try and see how it works. It is very annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is exactly my situation. The first time this happened was in January of this year. And then it stopped. After the new software update on 28 feb or 1st march, it is now a daily feature. I almost cannot use the phone. Have done hard reset a zillion times. Have now less apps than I used to have just because I am tired of spending hours re-downlaoding and installing them. The weirdest thing is it suddenly looses network reception and then the circle with the sash through it and then it powers off. And if you restart it shows connect to charger and then dies again. I dont know if its only the battery issue or there is something to do with a software glitch. Can a Sprint person please provide some solution to it? Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dr. Basu, this has been happening with my Galaxy S2 almost daily.  In the middle of the night I can hear the phone shut down and reboot with nothing or no one near it.  Sprint has no answer.  I am on my 4th S2 phone for various phones and this one just started this year.  MY main problem is the inability to get the network/internet and it is not limited to any particular time of the day or night or any location in the area in which I live.  It doesn't matter where in town - or out - it is a problem.  Having spoken with many personally known field tech and engineers, this is a Sprint problem and they have, at least in the last 6 to 8 months, come up with NO solution.

Perhaps you should check into demanding that Sprint replace your phone because the shutting down is NOT normal and you should NOT have to pay for another phone to clear up the problem.  Though I have little hope that either of our problems will be solved anytime soon, good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tee52, I have 3 batteries that I keep recycling and changing them out does not fix the problem.  Sometimes my phone also overheats and the back - just above where the battery lies in the phone - gets almost too warm to hold in your hand.  As I have stated in previous replies, the phone has a problem and they do not fix problems in one model before bringing out the S3 and nor the S4 - which, I might add, are also having lots of problems.

Good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

Catherine.m_ng

Welcome to the crowd.  The S2 is a faulty phone and it is known problem and has been for a long time.  That is why I keep 2 batteries charging and another in the phone.  And, when I go away, I plug in the car charger to keep the phone charged up while we are in progress to whereever we are going.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat