cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly

Sprint service sucks  in my town, good for calls and texts but data..forggedaboudit! Data works great everywhere else, but my town.

The S2 has been the biggest POS phones that me and my wife have ever owned. shes already had a phone exchanged, several batteries, and Me I'm still with original phone, but have also gone through several batteries. A new battery will fix the problem only for a lil bit, but guaranteed you'll start having this issue again, and again and again. I cant wait till my contract expires, I'm going to change providers for one, and two cant wait to get rid of this samsuck garbage! My previous phone, an LG Lotus was more reliable than this junk.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I *think* I found the problem that drove me crazy with my Sprint Galaxy S2. I got a new battery ($7 on Amazon) AND turned off the Sprint Connections Optimizer. My first battery got ruined after an update that installed this optimizer (which SOUNDED like a great idea). The battery was swollen, and my phone would shut down all the time and not restart unless I plugged it in (REALLY convenient for a mobile phone!).  I bought a new battery to see if that was the problem but it kept shutting down. I turned off the Connections optimizer under Settings > Network settings. It's been a couple of weeks and to my knowledge my phone has not shut itself down at all since then. It actually holds a charge again. I just have to manually turn on wifi or 4g when I want to. Crossing my fingers that's really it, but it's worth a shot if you're in the situation I was with an unreliable phone and a year left on your contract. If this is really the problem, sprint needs to fix this optimizer thing that fried my battery.

Highlighted
Journeyman

smh...that is what i'm sitting here doing...i've had the exact same thing happen twice to two different sg2...and i've took both phones to three separate sprint stores...lexington ky, richmond ky and bristol tn....only to be told that a factory reset needed to be done then update it with the most recent firmware and this would fix the problem...well both phones were already updated with jellybean...and now after reading these post it makes perfect sense that updating is the problem...what really bothers me tho is the fact i can figure this out with  a couple minutes of doing a Google search and no one at these sprint repair stores have a clue what to do except do a factory reset....which i did myself and now i have lost a lot of info and still have a phone that doesn't work..i'm going back to the sprint store today but i am sick of dealing with them and will switch to Verizon asap

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you are having battery issues.  Sprint will not replace your battery they want money from you.  If you are looking for the original battery for your Epic Touch 4G here is where to get it from

http://www.wirelessground.com/samsung-epic-touch-4g-battery.html

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the EXACT same problem.  When I am accessing a website the signal bars turn into a circle with a line through it.  Then my phone freezes and shuts off.  When I take my battery out, put it back in and restart my phone the battery level reads 0-10% battery left and will continue to shut off.  My phone does fine as long as the phone is plugged in.  I ordered a battery a couple of days ago (Amazon $6-free shipping)  because my battery has a bulge and I'm guessing has to be defective.  Samsung REALLY have to work out this issue...to many people are having the same exact issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am about tired of Sprint actually. I still have these same problems. It never happens when I am at work or several miles from my home but the minute I walk inside my home I get no connection or no data signal. I have lived in same home for over 10 years and this crap started several weeks ago and continues. I could not even send a text yesterday when I was 2 miles from my home.

Sprint says the towers are being upgraded or there are issues, but this has been going on longer enough and should not take this long to fix towers. I have updated the phone, reset everything, done everything Sprint says to do, same thing. Sprint has been our carrier since January 2000 but I swear come December we may be changing. This has gotten beyond stupid.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like I'm having the same issue most of you are having.  My phone will blink a few times while showing the circle with a line through at and then it will shut off.  It's very frustrating and scary to not have a dependable phone, especially when you rely on it for safety and for your job as a manager. I went through my phone and deleted all of my text messages and pictures since I was using a ton of RAM.  I thought this may be why my phone was acting up but it was still shutting down randomly.  I just purchased a new backup battery since that seems to be doing the trick for many of you.  The battery was $9.95 with free shipping at www.batterymonster.com (Samsung EB625152VA). Hopefully, this will tide me over until my contract is up with Sprint in March.  I'll be making the switch to Verizon or AT&T because of Sprint's horrible cell service and their lack of customer service. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat