cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 V4.0.4 FI27 Shuts Down Randomly

I didn't realize this issue was happening on GB and JB.  That is interesting, I thought it was only ICS and thus the update was causing an issue.  My phone has performed well since changing the battery and I'm still running the stock ICS build (I'm not sure how long I can wait for a OTA update, maybe a few more days).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem after using the phone for 13 months...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Me, wife, son, cousin and his wife are all having the same issues after the last update. Power button doesn't work, random reboots, battery drainage etc. Sprint/ Samsung has some major issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I replaced battery for the phone on Saturday evening. Hasn't shutdown randomly since. Please note: Previous batter had bulge and could spin (refer to page 1 for spin test) on flat surface, new one doesn't

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone started having problems about two months ago just few weeks after the warranty expired.  I was having the same problem.  The phone would chanrge fully and then it drained rapidly.  At about 80% it would shut off.  When I would turn it on it would flash that it was low battery and then die again.  When I turned my phone on while it was plugged in it would automatically state that it was 70% charged.  I could not use any applications without it shutting off.  I took it to the Sprint Store and I was told my battery was swollen and that I needed a new battery.  I was also told to restore my phone to factory settings.  I purchased another battery and I reset my phone.  My phone worked perfect that is until last week.  I noticed that it started having problems when my battery was draining too fast.  The shutting off again started a few days ago.  Today I charged my phone fully and it shut off after 30 minutes of non use.  I could not turn my phone back on even though I tried charging it.  It took one hour for it to come back on.  I disconnected the phone from the charger and it died again.  I kept the phone connected to the charger and this time it still died.  I was able to get the phone back on.  I have called Sprint but I keep getting the same answer - it is the battery.  This battery is about a month old.  The funny thing is that this battery looks swollen.  My phone has never been wet.  I am so frustrated.  I loved the phone but I am tired of having a wireless phone that I can't even use without being connected to the wall outlet.  This crazy. 

I have an appointment tomorrow with Sprint and hopefully, I will get to the bottom of this. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone started having problems about two months ago just few weeks after the warranty expired.  I was having the same problem.  The phone would chanrge fully and then it drained rapidly.  At about 80% it would shut off.  When I would turn it on it would flash that it was low battery and then die again.  When I turned my phone on while it was plugged in it would automatically state that it was 70% charged.  I could not use any applications without it shutting off.  I took it to the Sprint Store and I was told my battery was swollen and that I needed a new battery.  I was also told to restore my phone to factory settings.  I purchased another battery and I reset my phone.  My phone worked perfect that is until last week.  I noticed that it started having problems when my battery was draining too fast.  The shutting off again started a few days ago.  Today I charged my phone fully and it shut off after 30 minutes of non use.  I could not turn my phone back on even though I tried charging it.  It took one hour for it to come back on.  I disconnected the phone from the charger and it died again.  I kept the phone connected to the charger and this time it still died.  I was able to get the phone back on.  I have called Sprint but I keep getting the same answer - it is the battery.  This battery is about a month old.  The funny thing is that this battery looks swollen.  My phone has never been wet.  I am so frustrated.  I loved the phone but I am tired of having a wireless phone that I can't even use without being connected to the wall outlet.  This crazy. 

I have an appointment tomorrow with Sprint and hopefully, I will get to the bottom of this. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm on ICS 4.0.4 FI27. Good news, long story short, I went to Settings-->Accounts & Sync then removed entries for Facebook and Twitter and this fixed most of my battery drain problems, seriously. And like many others my GPS sensor goes off the rails at times and won't detect sats, and that puts my E4GT into a power tailspin. So the first and easiest thing to do is to disable GPS from the notific'n panel. Then later at night, I'll either pull the battery and restart which seems to set GPS straight, or because every few months that doesn't even work, I use the "GPS Status and Toolbox" app's Manage A-GPS State tool to clear the GPS cache, pull the battery, restart and its fine. This can be alot of workaround stuff but at least you won't anymore hate the phone you loved so much and makes the wait for Jellybean more tolerable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was experiencing most of the symptons discussed in the thread.

Phone would lose network connectivity then flicker and shut down.  Once I rebooted my battery was drained.  I could not keep it charged for more than an hour or two at the most.  I purchased this battery on newegg and it resolved my problem.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1480FC6696

It's cheap with free shipping and worth a shot if you are still fighting with this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This was a great phone and then....the upgrade to ICS. 

I have been experiencing battery issues with my G2 and was told it was a known problem by several Sprint Tech reps. I've taken my cell in a couple times for assistance/repair. The last time I was told that basically there was nothing that could be done because its the operating system affecting the phone. Most it began randomly shutting off. Just yesterday I had to turn my phone back on 3 times in one day and when I did the battery was completely drained. At one minute it is fully charged and the next I have no battery left.  I charge it up, it says 100% then unplug it and it's down to 76% without even using it.  I can barely make a call and go online before the battery is low again.   It's to the point it barely keeps charged at all. I'm also not eligible for an upgrade and I don't feel its fair I have to deal with a phone that has internal problems out of my control and due to an incompatible operating system that the Sprint Network is unable to support.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uodate****

I did go to the Sprint store.  They restored my phone AGAIN.  The techs said that my battery was good and the diagnostic they ran on my phone was god also.  They said that that nothing was wrong with my phone.  Of course, it worked fine when they had the phone.  They kept insisting it was the battery - the battery is about 1 month old.  They told me that they would give me another battery for free but that was all they could do.  I told them that they would need to get me 7 batteries for every month until my contract was up.  After 30 minutes of back and forth they finally decide to issue me a new phone for free - no battery though.  I went home and the the phone started shutting down again just as before so I video taped it.  It even started shutting down while plugged in.  I did order another battery to go with my new phone.  I recieved my new phone just after Christmas and within three weeks it started again.  New phone and new battery.  This time the phone started flashing on and off.  I could not stop it.  I tried turning it off and it did nothing.  I could not turn the thing off.  I popped out the battery for a few minutes but the minute I put it back in place it started up by itself.  I didn't even have time to place the back on.  I couldn't use the phone because it was just kept flashing.  When I plugged in the phone it would turn off and it wouldn't turn on.  It also didn't charge while plugged in.  I tried numerous times and i got the same result.  I drained the battery all the way down and tried charging the phone.  Sometimes it worked but most times it didn't.  After an hour it would turn on by itself.  I called Sprint and immeditely I was told it was a software issue.  I spoke with 3 different people because everyone wanted to hear my story.  That was last week and I am being sent yet another phone.  I am currently on my third phone and third battery.  Sprint even told me they would call in a month to make sure my phone was still working.  I hope so because I still have another 7 months on my contract. 

A couple of days ago I was in class when i noticed my student struggling with her phone.  She has the same phone and she was having the same problems.  She is on her second phone and second battery and second charger.  She is so frustrated.  Sprint even made her pay $150 for her phone to replace it.  This ridiculous. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat