cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 signal issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 signal issues

The ## code is ##72786# but regardless you need the MSL which can only be retrieved over the phone with Sprint or at a sprint store.

Journeyman

I have the same issue, searching for something on the internet will take so long to load, or give me the error page. I took it in to a Sprint store and the phone had full service bars inside the store so it worked perfectly fine! but outside the store I can't even get it to work properly! Maps don't load, messages are sent/received hours later, and service is rarely there. Since I can't "re-generate" the problem, they can't do anything about it. It is very frustrating after spending so much money on a phone and not work properly.  I tried the updates, the factory reset, and no change.

Any other suggestions?

Journeyman

Here's everyone's answer:

It's not your phone, it's the network.  They signed the contract with Apple and got way more new users than they anticipated.  With everyone including their grandmother is using a smartphone, the network is really being stretched thin.  They do not have the infrastructure to handle the data being used on their network.  There is no win win, sprint has unlimited data but service sucks, other carriers have great service but will kill you with data charges.  Here are my speedtest results I did 5 minutes ago in the heart of Atlanta 545kpbs download and 36kbps upload.  This is laughable, I can't test 4g because I have no 4g signal, go figure.  Also, we are the only carrier in the world who doesnt have the new Ice Cream Sandwich software update.  I really mean across seas and in the US we are the only ones who don't have it.  This just further confirms that whatever Sprint is focused on, it certainly is not providing quality, relaible, and up to date service for their customers.  I am jumping ship ASAP, may even suck up my $650 in ETFs.  When I call into Sprint about delays in text messages, dropped calls etc they just confirm that I have 98% signal in my area, (yeah right) dismissing that real issues me and thousands others are having.  Sprint, you have fell to a new LOW!!!!

My fiance went from an ATT 4s to a Sprint 4s, I can personally tell you the phone is akim to a paper weight on Sprint.

You can always wait for the network to improve.  But we know what waiting gets us on Sprint (you hear me GS2 users.....cough......ICS...cough...cogh)

Journeyman

I have bad reception even when I live 1 mile  away from two towers 1 bar all day. 80234 and 80229 well let'sjust say the whole denver north metro area.

Journeyman

I have the same issues... and i have had them since about a month after i got the phone I wonder if is the phone or the carrier am new to sprint so am not familiar with their service

Journeyman

Same here, both my 4G Touch and my wife's 4G Touch have same issue, zip code is 92618. (Orange county), my phone is version 4.0.4 my wife stay at 2.3.6, so i don't think this is phone issue, it just happened couple days ago and before it was all good. I have opened a ticket with customer support two days ago but they failed to call me back in 48 hours (maybe they mean business day? but sorry i have to use my phone 24x7). I had dropped calls in the morning/afternoon, now it happens at night too, even right after I updated PRL and Profile. Signal went high as 3~4 bar then dropped back to 0 bar in about 10~20 seconds then calls was end due to no signal. I tried outside/inside each room different direction but no differnet. Hope Sprint can fix this sooner.

Journeyman

I'm actually glad the I'm not the only one with these problems and the Galaxy S2. The original phone kept going to roaming, losing the data, taking forever to open any sites, or showing an error due to taking too long to open a site. Sprint reprogrammed it, I tried the info from Shane's message from April. Nothing worked. Now the 2nd phone is doing the same thing. I might say it's the area but it goes to roaming no matter where I am, including sitting in my house. Also my sister who lives in the same house, on the same Sprint contract, but has a Motorola Photon, has never experienced these problems. So it doesn't seem to be a carrier problem but more of a phone problem. With this being the 2nd phone, I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Journeyman

richboy212, Glad to know it isn't just me. I have had two different phones, HTC Hero and SG SII, and in both cases could not get a good signal consistently in the Denver area. As long as I'm on the main roads it's okay, not great, but if I'm even one or two blocks off the main roads in neighborhoods, in houses, or buildings, it's terrible. I rarely get 4G coverage, but what is worse is not being able to make a phone call in the metro area. I have to have a WiFi personal tower in my house (1 block from a major road) to get a signal in my home. It's very frustrating.

Journeyman

I've had my phone 2 and a half months and have had the same ongoing problem. I call in, get the updates and continue to have the problem. I think it's the phone. I had an evo for 2 years and had no problems.

Journeyman

Just this weekend, there was a new update for my Galaxy II and I was hoping this would fix some of the issues I'm having, and now turns out it is even worse than before! My emails are not going through, reception is much worse, and it is very slow!

Has anyone been able to have their phone replaced??

I have very bad luck with phones, and really wish I could find the perfect one!! =(