cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SII - Sprint ID Problem

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy SII - Sprint ID Problem

Hi,

I saw someone post about this for another phone and nobody answered his question.  I'm hoping someone can answer mine.

I've been having issues with the Sprint ID freezing my phone and then giving me an error saying that Sprint ID has stopped.  I had no clue what Sprint ID was so I made the mistake of opening up the program and clicking on "current ID" or something like that.  This changed my entire interface, removed all of my icons, my clock, everything and now my screens have directions in grey boxes on what to do.  No matter what I do I can't get my old look back and it's really upsetting me.  I thought I could turn Sprint ID off and there wasn't an option.  I finally decided to force stop the application, which was a HUGE mistake, because even when I restart my phone it won't open now.  Sprint ID just crashes.

Someone please help...what do I do?  I just want my phone back the way it was!

Lisa

18 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy SII - Sprint ID Problem

Oh Lisa- thank you for posting this. I too am having my phone continue to say it has lost its Sprint ID. However, I did not do any of the actions you did but I now know not to do that! Thanks for sharing. Hope you get an answer here

Journeyman

Oh Lisa- thank you for posting this. I too am having my phone continue to say it has lost its Sprint ID. However, I did not do any of the actions you did but I now know not to do that! Thanks for sharing. Hope you get an answer here

Journeyman

happens to me 10 times a day, battery dies quicker, and id love to upgrade to a new phone but sprint wont grant me an update 10 days early!!!  argh

Journeyman

That same problem started with my phone after I got the system update to Ice Cream Sandwich. I've had my S2 for a year now and I loved my Galaxy S2 before that update now I hate it and can't wait to get rid of it. I don't even know what Sprint ID is....just fed up! I took it to a Sprint repair store and they told me it was a software program problem and blame it on Samsung. Sprint told me I would just have to wait for Samsung to repair the problem with another update or wait for the new system update to Jell Bean =(

Journeyman

You might try performing a factory restore on your phone.  Be sure to back up all your important data before doing so, because the factory restore will erase everything.  Once done, the phone will probably start downloading a few updates, and Sprint ID might give you some more errors until all the latest updates are installed.

Journeyman

Do not do a factory reset, Sprint ID is just a platforming manager, which is inclueded with most sprint smart phones now. To chang back instead of selecting My ID, scroll over to the samsung pack and you should get your clock back and everything, you will have all of your icons and wigets back

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Sprint and they say the only way to reverse this is by factory reset. They started back pedeling saying this was not their software, even though it says SPRINT ID. I am extremely pissed off from this.

Journeyman

I had the same issue around Christmas.  I ended up adding a new ID and playing with the apps to mimic what I had previously.  Then when I went back to the Samsung one, everything worked fine. 

Journeyman

I had this same problem a few weeks ago. I was so mad! I spent over an hour with several Sprint reps over the phone and none of them could help me beyond recommending a factory reset (he11 no!) or to go to the Sprint store (which would have resulted in the same, I'm sure).

I spent several hours on Google looking for an answer and found a solution using an app called "HomeSmack". It is a free app and allows you to change which launcher your phone boots into. I selected TwLauncher, which put me back to my original settings. I had to reorganize my icons, but that was a small issue compared to being stuck with SprintID or a factory reset.

I hope this helps. I know how frustrating this issue can be!

Good luck!

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.