Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SII - Sprint ID Problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy SII - Sprint ID Problem

Hi,

I saw someone post about this for another phone and nobody answered his question.  I'm hoping someone can answer mine.

I've been having issues with the Sprint ID freezing my phone and then giving me an error saying that Sprint ID has stopped.  I had no clue what Sprint ID was so I made the mistake of opening up the program and clicking on "current ID" or something like that.  This changed my entire interface, removed all of my icons, my clock, everything and now my screens have directions in grey boxes on what to do.  No matter what I do I can't get my old look back and it's really upsetting me.  I thought I could turn Sprint ID off and there wasn't an option.  I finally decided to force stop the application, which was a HUGE mistake, because even when I restart my phone it won't open now.  Sprint ID just crashes.

Someone please help...what do I do?  I just want my phone back the way it was!

Lisa

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

This helped me get back to "my" stuff but everytime I hit the home key it takes me back to the ID cr**.  I can then click on homesmack and do that but its a pain but yes better than ID or a hard re-boot.  I am eligable for an upgrade......might just have to get the 4 vs waiting until the summer like I had planned.

Thanks for the fix!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Easy fix without the factory reset. Install LauncherPro (the free edition) from the playstore. It will not show up in your apps but you can access through settings -> applications. Hit the home button and phone will ask what you want to use to launch -> click LaunchPro and click use as default. you'll have to redo your home screen but no big deal compared to a factory reset. Everytime you restart the phone you will have to make this the default launcher.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I experienced the same ID pack problems with my samsung galaxy S2. I was able to fix the problem by 1st getting and installing a new ID pack, then 2nd by clicking on the samsung ID. It brought all of my screens back to the way it was before. I thought i had lost everything. Its an easy fix. I hope this works for you or others going through this problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Homesmack is working wonderfully!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

going back into the Sprint ID and choosing the Samsung (as opposed to current ID) worked for me and reset everything.  However, I had to download another Sprint ID (it doesn't matter which one, just pick one) before it would work.  Download the new one and install and then go right back and pick Samsung.  Got everything back to the way it was before.  Thanks for the help!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

going back into the Sprint ID and choosing the Samsung (as opposed to current ID) worked for me and reset everything.  However, I had to download another Sprint ID (it doesn't matter which one, just pick one) before it would work.  Download the new one and install and then go right back and pick Samsung.  Got everything back to the way it was before.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When the first mandatory upgrade arrived (which I believe raised all the SPH-D710 users up to Ice Cream Sandwich android level), my SPRINT ID kept stalling out every 30 seconds or so during system startup. My solution is a bit different from all others I have read. You see, well before that manditory upgrade and the SPRINT ID fiasco I had purchased LauncherPro and paid for it. Then I had spent literally about 30 man-hours getting it and the extra homescreen pages it gave me to a beautiful system *exactly* how I liked it. And then came along the Sprint ID mess! Argggh! I never did figure out a solution free of pressing a couple keys each time I brought up the system from power off or reset, but this is how I learned to live with the defective SPRINT ID, which I never did fix (I think the first upgrade plus my switching to LauncherPro for specifically my model cell phone caused SPRINT ID to abort.) But what I do is this:

A. Power ON or back from RESET, and the phone starts to come up...

B. I log in as soon as possible, knowing that right after I do the first SPRINT ID has died msg will be  about to show up: I hit OK and get rid of it. Then I hit SETTINGS and go into APPLICATIONS and hit the tab for ALL. Then I quickly scroll down to SPRINT ID. Right about now Sprint ID will die the 2nd time. I touch Ok to bypass the error msg. Now I Hit SPRINT ID to select that program. I immediately hit FORCE STOP for SPRINT ID. Typically the right column is still in the middle of calculating the Mb of space for the App and USB and SD Card, etc. Other than the FORCE STOP the other 3 options should be unlit, and since I hit FORCE STOP no options should appear lit up.

C. We are waiting on CLEAR DATA. When it lights up, hit it. That completes disposing of the SPRINT ID issue, until the next rerbooting. You'll discover that the zeroed out user data erased by CLEAR DATA will have its data restored for the next time you must go thru this.

If you are late, log in, Ok the waiting Sprint ID has died msg, goto APPLICATIONS (ALL), find SPRINT ID, and both FORCE STOP it and also CLEAR DATA it. You are done. Only with root can Sprint ID be erased and that would brick (freeze indefinitely) your cell phone.

If someone knows a way for me to keep my beloved LauncherPro and not have to replicate arranging apps on my 6 home screens and yet elimanate having to press anything regarding the Sprint ID fiasco, pls email me:   [Personal Information Removed] (much holiday thanks in advance....hope this helps someone in the mean time!).

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum.  To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat