cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s2 Help!

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy s2 Help!

Just upgraded my phones. Initially started with 2-iphone 4 for me and the wife's and 1-iphone 4s for my son. I went from an Evo 4g to the 4. Pretty much right away, I found that the iphone 4 was not for me. The screen size being the major difference I couldn't get use to. Therefore, I turned it in for the samsung galaxy s2. Was initially happy with screen size, however, began to experience some issues. I first had problems with phone conversations. I would only hear part of the conversation on the other end. They would sound all broken up. I also noticed very poor signal strength. I would only have 1-2 bars at most. I ended up returning it and replacing with another s2, The phone issues seemed to be resolved, however, I continue to have terrible signal strength. By the way, s2 model # is SPH-D710, version-2.6.35.7, EL29.  I also downloaded speed test app and performed several (15) test which ranged from 0.02mbps - 0.67mbps. I ran the same test on my wife's iphone 4 and her results blew mine out of the water. Her's averaged 9.0mbps same for my son's iphone 4s, using the same tower on all 3.  I am now considering returning the s2 for the iphone 4s. By the way, I only have until this weekend to decide.  Any advice/thoughts?  Much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Samsung Galaxy s2 Help!

bravo2019, Since the phone is still new then I would suggest to take it back and exchange it. If you are thinking about getting a different phone I suggest the Motorola Photon.

Journeyman

the Motorola Photon and its the best phone on sprint right now

Journeyman

You believe the Motorola Photon is better than the S2 or iphone 4s?  That's not what I'm reading on all these reviews out there. By no means, I;m no computer/technical person but the reviews I'm reading tend to differ. Do you personally own one?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I own the SGS2 for my own, and I have the Photon 4G with someone else, the Photon 4G has better signal and faster download on the 4G network.

But both Phones are fast and good.

Journeyman

I don't believe I'm in a 4g area. Anyway, what are your thoughts between the S2, iphone 4s, or the Photon? Which would you choose and why? thanks for your advice.

Journeyman

First of all I`m not Apple guy, I`d jump on Android phone way before the Iphone. But that`s personal choice, I`d pick the Samsung galaxy S2.

Journeyman

i have the iphone 4s and the photon too.. both are good and  the best phones on sprint and better than the galaxy s2 you can check the reviews on pcmagazine,cnet ....but the screen on the photon is bigger than the iphone and i prefer that... and between the photon and the galaxy s2 the photon is a world phone, it has webtop, it has a kickstand for easy video viewing, its camera has better color saturation and its HDMI support is better... i recommend you the photon over the galaxy s2

Wizard

Sprint gives you two weeks from the date of purchase to change your mind, which is pretty cool. If the GS2 isn't doing it for you, go back and get a Photon. If the GS2 is just broken, go back right away and get another.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat