cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s2 keeps shutting off every few seconds

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy s2 keeps shutting off every few seconds

Galaxy s2 keeps shutting off and on every few seconds until battery is complete drained. Installed updates, performed a soft reset and cleared cache of all applications and I've uninstalled recently downloaded applications.

16 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy s2 keeps shutting off every few seconds

I have the same issue here. Got an OTA update last week, and ever since my Galaxy s2 will randomly shut off during use. When I turn it back on it has 1-5% battery left, even if it was fully charged before the shutdown. It creates a random dip in my battery life. If I plug it in and reboot, it will bring the battery % back up significantly. Contemplating a factory reset as the problem keeps happening more frequently.

Screenshot_2012-09-17-14-15-32.png

Journeyman

If you're willing to try one thing you could go into recovery mode (Hold Vol Up and Power for about 15 secs... you'll see the indicator light flash blue, the battery show and then recovery appears.) and try to clear the cache only.  This may help resolve your battery problems.  If not definitely consider the factory reset... as well as installing FH13 updates if not done so already..

Journeyman

This started happening to me after the FH13 update. I'm back to FF18 now and I've done two factory resets, but the problem persists. I've considered buying a new battery but I think this problem goes further than that. I don't know what to do anymore.

Journeyman

Im having the same issues. I have done three factory resets still NOTHING. I have also sent my phone to the samsung "repair" center only to receive it back 2 weeks later with the issue still not resolved.

Very disapointed.

Journeyman

After having this issue for a couple of weeks, I started to notice my battery becoming physically swollen. Of course, that is very bad. I took it into the Sprint store and they gave me a new battery. Completely fixed my issue, and this battery lasts quite a bit longer as it is new and healthy. I would recommend anyone with this power issue to check their battery, and look to exchange it for a new one.

Journeyman

Great find.  I'm having battery loss/reboot issues.  I would take the battery out for a minute and then put it back in and it would work for a while.  I also noticed in passing that it was becoming a little tedious to put the back cover back on.  I read your post about the swollen battery, and I noticed that's why it's harder to put the cover on!   I would have never thought about that had I not read your post.  Thanx.  lol.

Journeyman

There are a couple of different problems it might be.....one is the battery life and the other is the power button is off the track and keeps turning the phone off and on. That happened to me. I took into the Sprint repair store and after looking at the phone for 5 seconds, they said it was because I had water damage to it. I had never imersed it in water or anything and the last time it was a little wet was months before the problem started happening. They handed it back to me to say I needed to contact Sprint for a new phone. I looked at the power button when I got home though and it seemed to be stuck.....so I took it apart after observing what the tech did and found the power button to be off track. Viola, all fixed.

Journeyman

My wife and myself are having this sample problem.  We both have the GS2, and both randomly shut off, and have massive instantaneous battery drops.  My wife is on call for her work often, and it is unacceptable for her phone to shut off, only to be restarted with zero battery.

Journeyman

I have the same issue with the phone restarting. It has happened 3 times this morning already. I have updated the phone, have not installed any new programs although I have downloaded some music from the same source I have always used, we have cleared the cache. It has been doing this off and on for the past couple of months, but this is the first time it has done it 3 times on the same day. I have a full charge on the battery. This is very annoying.