cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung epic 4g touch, will not charge anymore

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung epic 4g touch, will not charge anymore

I just used the equipment protection service because my S2 stopped charging. My "new" (refurbished) s2 began to do the same thing the day after I turned it on, it's done the high voltage charging paused only once and has already burnt itself up. Basically with the s2 the charging connector burns itself off the mother board and at that point it is classified as physical damage resulting in the need to file the insurance claim (aka not sprints problem).  Beware of the VOLTAGE TOO HIGH CHARGING PAUSED popup once it starts the phone will soon. The only way to increase the phone life span after that message is to charge the phone via USB port on a computer the voltage is low so the phone can handle it but it take 2x time to charge.

From what I've read on online post that's how having the s2 works and its a Samsung design problem, does anyone have any suggestions besides the hassle of using an external battery charger and extra battery?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Being a former user of that Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch, all I can say to you is get rid of the phone. I finally freed myself of that headache just this past Thanksgiving due to all the problems I had with it when the ICS upgrade was forced on my original S2. Weeks before Thanksgiving I had to have my battery replaced due to it bulging on one side which was causing me to have horrible battery life. Then on Thanksgiving day the settings screen would just pop up all on it's own without me even touching the phone. After my Thanksgiving day fiasco with the phone, I was given the choice by Sprint to lateral over to a comparable phone like the S2 or get another refurbished S2 and hope it would work better than the previous two S2's I had before. I made the switch to a Motorola Photon 4G and have been very happy to have left that S2 nightmare behind me once and for all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, I thought that's what I was going to end up having to do. Really liked the phone before the tech difficulties though. I wonder if the S3 has that problem or if it will after an update due to an S4 or updated model is available. I wish I would have looked on here prior to filing the insurance claim, I would have argued that it was physical damage and user error. Thanks for the post I appreciate it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are welcome. Before you get that S3 take some time in here and check for the issues that these owners of the S3 are having. click on the phones category and then navigate to the Samsung brand, there you will find all the Samsung models with all the topics for each model. Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am sending mine off to Samsung today!! I'll let you know what the outcome is!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat