Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy II auto shut off

Journeyman

Samsung galaxy II auto shut off

Is anyone having trouble with the Samsung Galaxy II cutting off without being prompted?

17 REPLIES 17

auntgwen,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I have a few questions for you which would help me possibly determine the issue.

1. Which software version number are you currently running?

2. How long has this been happening? (after an update)

3. Have you recently installed any 3rd party apps?

4. Has the phone been dropped or fallen in any liquid?

5. Are you using the stock charger and battery, or are they aftermarket ones?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Sorry George, the phone has become a piece of crap since the ics update. This person's problems are just beginning.  Mines is much worst.  Soon the battery will bloat, then it will go from fully charged to showing 0, rebooting multiple times. This problem is happening with too many users and its all over the forums.  Sprint needs to confess to the problem instead of pretending they don't know what's happening.  Shameful and really makes me think twice about staying once my contract is up.

KGMAFIA25,

Oh, no I am very sorry to hear this happened to you. I do see this as being a known issue at this time.

Have you gotten a chance to visit one of our local Service & Repair centers http://bit.ly/L46GY8 ?

If, not I would recommend it.

Thank you very much,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Been there done that, there solution is to buy a new battery or i could pay a deductible for a refurb phone. Then I would still have to buy a battery cause they don't give you one with the replacement phone.  They push out an update, that destroyed a good phone and now they want the customer to foot the bill, really bad business, why would i sign a new two year agreement for that.

Journeyman

This phone is a joke I took it to the retail store and the guy told me there was nothing you guys could do......I was told to buy a new battery but 2 other people I know did that and the phone still shuts of whenever

Journeyman

KGMAFIA25,

Thanks for getting back to us. The deductible you are referring to is through Asurion correct? If so they will provide a battery if you need one they ask you that while filing the claim. Have you spoke with them?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

auntgwen,

How is the battery life on the phone? Is it shutting down even though the battery is full?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes it shuts down or freezes even on a full charge.....but I'm going to get a new battery per a store reps advice....Will let you know if that's works...the top told me to stop charging the phone over night because it over charges the battery and the connection can get messed up

Journeyman

auntgwen,

Great let me know how that goes. Overcharging the phone is not good either.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

So far tghe new battery is working well...thanks for your help!!

auntgwen,

You are very welcome. That's what we are here for, if you need any further assistance let us know. Enjoy your day!

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat