cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung releases ICS for Galaxy S II?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung releases ICS for Galaxy S II?

saw this on Samsung's website in the UK.  Looks like ICS is out for their Galaxy S II phones.  Any idea when we can expect it from Sprint?

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/newsalert/supportNewsAlertMain.do

[Mobile Phone] How to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy device to Ice Cream Sandwich

1 May, 2012 NOTE: The following Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) tutorial can support you upgrading your Galaxy S II to Android 4.0 ICS. It will be available for other Galaxy devices shortly.
For select models where ICS will not be available a feature update alternative will be offered giving similar functionality to ICS.

Upgrading your Galaxy SII to the Ice Cream Sandwich

You can now update your Samsung Galaxy S II with the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS.
With ICS, you can enjoy a range of improvements and great new Smartphone functionality like Face Unlock.
Watch the video on our official youtube channel samsunguk to find out how to install the update:
How to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy device to Ice Cream Sandwich

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone tried this? I am thiking about it but dont wanna ruin my phone. Is it safe or should i just wait for sprint to relase the offical upgrade?

Highlighted
Journeyman

and now America Junior aka Canada, has the update...

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/05/02/bell-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-upgrade-to-android-os-4-0-now-available/

At this point, sprint might as well skip the ICS update and focus on Android 5 Jelly Bean that google is about to release this quarter.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint never sends out the "new" updateuntil the next one comes out.  It was the same thing with FroYO. Sprint sucks.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat