cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen broken, how to retrieve unread messages?

Journeyman

Hi guys, so i dropped my phone today as i was getting out of the car and when i picked it up the screen was no longer functioning properly, only showing me random blue, green and red dots/lines. Since then, ive gotten a fair amount of text messages as the phone still vibrates and plays notification sounds. 

I was wondering if there is any way to retrieve/backup these messages before i get a new phone or if it is possible for the unread messages to be sent to my new phone?

Or, if nothing else, is it possible to get just the screen itself fixed instead of purchasing an entirely new phone?

Any response or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Master

A Sprint authorized repair center may be able to repair the screen. If they can replace the screen without affecting the operating system the messages should stay as saved in the thread in messaging.  In most cases once those messages are delivered to your phone you will not have the ability to see them again. I have an app called SMS BACKUP and RESTORE that creates a backup file and saves it to my SD card on a schedule once per day. You may want to consider an app like that for the future.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Thanks for using the forums!         To see the status of upgrades in your area go to https://network.sprint.com/

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat