Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen time out setting

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Screen time out setting

Has anyone figured out how to keep the screen from timing out?

This is a must when you make a call and you need to use the dial pad at the prompt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey...I found out how to keep the screen running without shutting down.

Download on market....   SCREEN TIMEOUT TOGGLE.

after that, put widget on the screen. its set to NEVER but click on the button and it sets back to your setting.

I hope this helped.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Let me do some research on this and I will get back with you on this.

Thanks,

Ray

Highlighted

You can change the timeout screen by going to the home, menu, settings, display and go to screen timeout and the most you can set it up for is 10 minutes. FYI, the more time you have it set to timeout means it will run the battery down quicker.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to settings, display,screen timeout. I think it defaults to 15 seconds. Beef it up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know about the settings and I don't care about draining the battery. I want or anyone should want the screen to stay on when you say, call Walmart, Gas Co., etc. where you need to use the dialer to get to the corrct department. This was a bad mistep on Samsungs part to test this out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Razor, if you hold the phone to your ear and need to push a prompt, when you move the phone away to look at it and push the mentioned prompt, the screen will turn on automatically(thanks to the motion sensor).  Maybe you are pushing the lock button by accident?  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess I did forget to mention, the phone is never held. I use a BT headset and the phone resides on my dash in a holder. That is not the correct answer. Samsung did not test the phone dialing properties and needs  an update to fix the problem. 10 Minutes is the max screen time out setting but, the screen times out after 2 seconds during calls regardless of the setting..

I did manage to get it to stay on for 5 seconds but, I had to uncheck battery saver to do that. Bad judgment call.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's a pretty big detail you forgot to mention.  Actually, the phone detects the BT headset and assumes that it will be in your pocket/bag; the entire point of a BT headset is hands free.  This is not a "testing" issue but rather a majority utilization preference.  So how is this a Samsung testing problem again?  Let me translate for everyone what you are complaining about.  "While driving my car using a Bluetooth hands-free headset, this phone locks and makes it hard to push prompts discouraging me from driving while inputting text data into a device, a practice assosiated with teenagers(texting and driving) which causes accidents".  Did I understand you correctly?      

Highlighted
Journeyman

This also happens without BT headset connected to phone!!!

I am done explaining the issue. Replies from non-users/owners of this phone need not reply.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hmmmm...

I use the dialer pad all of the time for menus and extensions.

I'll have to pay attention and see if mine is shutting off or not...I don't know how else I'd be utilizing the pad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree and have the same issue. whether I'm holding the phone or using headphones, the screen times out quickly and you have to press the power button to bring the screen back before you can enter a number - for instance when having to select a prompt (press 1 to ...).

I also notice that sometimes when a call ends, it will awaken when I touch the screen, but sometimes it doesn't and I have to press the power button. Don't know why it comes on sometimes and not others by just touching the screen. I was thinking it was because the other end disconnected the call, but then the screen changes (green phone and yellow message icons) and you don't need to touch the red end call icon...?

I'm new to this type of phone but wondering if this is standard with all touch screen phones, since holding the phone up to the ear will invariably be touching the screen and activating buttons.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey...I found out how to keep the screen running without shutting down.

Download on market....   SCREEN TIMEOUT TOGGLE.

after that, put widget on the screen. its set to NEVER but click on the button and it sets back to your setting.

I hope this helped.

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat