cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Issues with Galaxy S2

Journeyman

Serious Issues with Galaxy S2

Hello I have been a Sprint customer for about 3 years, I just recently got my Samsung Galaxy S2, it was a gift, Somehow it randomly started turning off.  So i called the sprint customer service and they told me to go to a repair center, so I went and they charged me $35, the problem was fixed for like 3 days then boom it started messing up again so they suggested to call samsung to see what they could do, my phone was under warranty ofcourse and well I sent it and as soon as i received it  i noticed that the issue was still there. So i called again and they asked me to send it in again , but i was just tired, so bottom line both sprint and samsung did not know what to do! This sucks!  Can someone please help since these two companies cant!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Serious Issues with Galaxy S2

wow thatssounds famillar mine started with the battery losing charge and getting hot that it melted my case.Then after 3 visits to the store

and at least 10 chat sessions with sprint and samsung on the phone at the same time nothing is done.

they both refused to do anything about it now and the phone is only 7 months old. The samsung tech had me do some things to the phone

and after I deleted the cache and did everything he toldme the phone is completely dead now wont even boot.

Sprint customer care REALLY SUCKS THE BIG ONE SO DOES SAMSUNG SORRY I SWITCHED FROM VERIZON.

So does anybody have any ideas of what I can do about this.

Journeyman

It's sad to hear about how Sprint does not do anything about there customers concern with this specific phone model I was just told by a friend that the next best thing as us Galaxy SII owners is to put your complaint with the better buisness bureau and let them know of the issues that Sprint and Samsung companies have given us the run around and can not or will not help us. As now I see Samsung can not do anything as well since I was thinking on sending the phone to them so I'm glad I went on to here and see the comments that everyone has had.

Journeyman

Mine is doing the same thing. It's not been a month and I've gone through three SII's. One was my original: it froze in the middle of a text and upon a restart would go to the "Samsung Galaxy SII" screen and stay there... it eventually wouldn't even display that.  The second was a refurb provided by Sprint... it only took 24 hours for my phone to restart on it's own every 60-90 seconds, or any time I tried to open it.  This third phone was provided by Sprint, new, out of the box and lasted about 48 hours before it froze when I opened my notifications and upon reboot went to the "Samsung Galaxy SII" screen and did nothing. I've taken the battery out... CHANGED the battery for a new one (that "fixed" the problem for about 24 hours) and am now ready to see how far it will skip across the lake... This is absurd. Absolutely unacceptable.  And now I have to waste yet ANOTHER evening after work having Sprint look at it and shrug their shoulders.

Journeyman

My phone is doing the same thing, it won't do NOTHING...I can try to turn it on and it stay stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy SII" screen. I call sprint and took it to the sprint store and nothing they can do about it. Now I have to wait 3-5 days before I get a replacement phone. This is the second time in a year this same issue as happened to my Galaxy SII. I'm only 5 months away from an upgrade and they won't even let me do a eary upgrade....smh....

Journeyman

It gets worse trust me, i have replaced my battery 5 times, it turns itself off and on,  I cant log onto my work wifi, my phone overheats and then fries the battery, the screen freezes repeatedly. By good fortune I am 7 days away from my 2 year term, and must admit am tempted to jump ship.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought one of those Galaxy S2 Epic 4g phones back when they were hyped up as "The phone to have" awhile ago. For the most part the phone always seemed to struggle to pick up a strong signal on either the 3g or 4g network. All this at that time didn't seem to matter much as I had a this Unlimited Data plan and "The Phone." Well, all this came crashing down a few months after having the S2. The weak signal strength continued everywhere and also at my home with nothing helping. After numerous calls to Sprint I was finally given an airave unit to help my signal at my house just 15 minutes from downtown Los Angeles. It wasn't long after I received this airave unit that an over the air upgrade to the phones O.S. was forced on me. The phone went from the Gingerbread O.S. to the Ice Cream sandwich O.S. and from that point on my troubles with the phone doubled. It started with roaming in my house while just two feet away from the airave unit. There was also the battery over charging error messages along with high battery drainage. There were days the phone would need a charge after just a couple hours of use. Then the darn thing would freeze up on a regular basis and could only be rebooted by removing the battery. I was given refurbished phones after visiting the repair center for my original phone but those phones had nothing but problems also. I had the battery swell up so bad that it needed to be replaced and then the darn thing started jumping to the settings screen all by itself. That last issue of the phone jumping screens on itself was the last straw for me. Last Thanksgiving was the day I had enough of that Galaxy S2. I called Sprint again with my problems and was then given the option of getting another S2 or lateraling over to another phone. I went ahead and lateraled over to another phone but even that didn't stop my poor connections with Sprints network. I finally terminated my contract with Sprint two months ago when I bought a new Iphone on Verizons network. What I wanted to say is you will not get anything done to fix this phone. Sprint and Samsung have known about these problems going on almost two years and yet they still sell them. You can try and go the legal way around this problem but the headache of trying to use the phone while going through the process will only agravate you even more, or you can just ditch the phone and try something else. Good luck to all those who own that pile of junk S2. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat