cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of this phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sick of this phone!

I purchased my S2 about 4 months ago and since about the first month I have had CONSTANT signal issues! At home (78408), work, outside or on the road. They (customer service) keeps telling me that I am in a great coverage area, between 3 towers but does me no help. My 4G goes in and out constantly regardless of location. My reception bar is always going out, jumping from 2 bars to 0 and a few times a week tells me that I'm roaming when I'm not. Half the time my phone is giving me the no signal symbol! . Messages w/pictures attached frequently have to be resent to me or out to others over and over sometimes taking hours to come through. Phone is always freezing up and  I have been unable to stay on any of my apps. Every time I open up an app, phone starts and keeps pulsing back to the home screen. Even after on home screen, it keeps pulsing by itself! Searching something on the internet, if I can stay on long enough, takes so long to load or gives me the error page. I took it to Sprint store and not even there could I get a full signal bar! But of course they could find "nothing" wrong with it.  This is very frustrating after spending so much $ not only on my phone but for the service. I have tried the factory resets and updates but nothing works. My mom has the same phone/carrier and has all the same problems although not as bad. It is really bad when my daughter, who has Cricket Wireless, can be in the same room as I am can have GREAT signal, can browse the internet and load apps quicker than I can cuss my phone out! And I thought they were the "cheaper" carrier. Hahahahahaha....Joke's On Me!!

Re-signed another contract when I got this phone so it seems there is no way out of it unless I am willing to pay the $350 they keep telling me it is going to cost me. Is there any way to get out of contract or at least get into new phone???

HELP!! HELP!! HELP!! HELP!!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Wizard

Regretting_my_contract,

Thanks for the post. give me a second while I take a look into this for you.

Highlighted
Wizard

Regretting_my_contract,

I took a look at your area.  From what I have in my system we do have an outage that is affecting both data and text.  I show you have 4g wimax which the can use. You said you get the issues everywhere you use the phone as well as your mother? Other then the outages, I do not see anything that would cause you to have issues outside. In doors is a different story only because we do not guarantee in doors. But we have a device called the airave that would provide the coverage inside your home. You can see more info on Airave's here : www.sprint.com/airave.  I also would like to touch on the fact the apps are acting buggy. This is not something you can blame on coverage. This is a software issue. I am curious have you gone to a Sprint Service and Repair center?

Highlighted
Journeyman

An outage? Ok, yes, maybe. But an outage that has lasted months? As far as the device, I do not think that I should have to buy a device for my service to work on top of already having to pay a monthly fee for service. I have taken phone to a Sprint store in which the first time they swapped the phone out for a new one since I had only had for a week. This is the 2nd one and they seem to be able to find nothing wrong with it when I think all they keep doing is a factory reset. That obviously does not help As far as the apps, yes, that probably is a software issue. I am just really tired of having so many phone issues with this phone and them telling me that there is nothing wrong. I was previously a Sprint customer for 6 yrs then switched to T-Mobile. I mistakingly left T-Mobile to go back to Sprint thinking they were a better carrier.....WRONG. I do not want to be like other posts that I have read where there are long time customers still having so many problems after years and years of service. Every month, Sprint yanks $180 out of my account for service on 2 lines and I only wish that they would uphold their end of the contract and provide me with the service that I pay for every month. If they can't, then please just let me out of my contract!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, last week I wondered if it was maybe just my phone or my service??? So I changed my # over to my 2yr old Nexus and I can't say that it was great but it was a whole lot better.  That left me to believe that the S2 is just a crappy , expensive phone! I am not even trying to get out from under Sprint...I am only hoping that I can find a way to get a phone that WORKS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please keep in mind that the bands used by Sprint could be a factor as well, especially when indoors.  Newer buildings, especially those made to be more "green", seem to not play as nice with the bands.  For example, I step outside my office and get a full signal.  Walk inside on the 2nd floor and go down to half.... the first floor gets almost nothing.  How is that Sprint's fault?

All the more that you should test drive your phone where you use it before locking into it.

Highlighted
Wizard

Regretting_my_contract,

I suggest you bring the phone back to the Sprint Service and Repair, If you want I can check to see if there is another Sprint store in your area. Maybe a fresh set of eyes will be able to get this fixed.  Advise them you are still having the same issues you had from the last one you had replaced. We have a process and unfortunately it requires you to contact the store to see if we can fix the issue. If after this you still have an issue we can move forward with getting your device replaced with another model possibly.  I know this is time consuming but in order to get to the next step we have to follow process. I do apologize for any inconvieneince but I want to be able to exhaust every posible options before we escalate this. The dept. will have us goto the store again and if we get that out of the way we can move on.  I would let the store know you swapped out to the Nexus and your service worked. Have you had your mothers phone looked at too?  Please let me know once you have done this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I got my GS2 last December. It worked fine for a few months then stopped. I am now on my 3rd GS2 within one year and all keep having the same issue with connection. The only place that has changed is my place of employment. I live in the same place I lived for the past two years so I don't know how it could suddenly be my home or my mother's home where I visit frequently. So I now have next to NO signal in the places I frequent most: home, work, school and my mom's. All places I was able to use my phone fine before earlier in the year. It's bad enough to have to pay an add'l $10/mo for 4G when I'm not even in a 4G area. But to pay $100/mo for a phone that doesn't work anywhere?! Ridiculous. According to Sprint's map I live blocks away from a tower. So how the heck my phone won't even ring when someone is calling me is beyond me. How I get random texts between 11pm-5am that were sent the evening before is beyond me. I've been with Sprint 5 years and don't feel like a valued customer anymore. When I used to have an issue, Sprint reps did what they can and at least offered to accommodate you for the inconvenience. Now they just sit on the phone with this "Wellll what do you want ME to do?" silence.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Get rid of the phone is all I can say. Like many of you I have endured the headache of the ICS upgrade to my original phone I bought months ago. Ever since the upgrade I had two refurbished phones sent to me and just like my original S2 they also experienced nothing but problems with the original ICS upgrade and the patches that were suppose to cure the original problems. I finally got rid of my S2 headache just last month when my second replacement S2 took a dump on me on Thanksgiving day. I was given the option of getting another S2 or lateralling over to a Motorola Photon 4G or HTC EVO3D.  I jumped at the chance to dump that junk S2 and have been thrilled knowing my Motorola Photon 4g is still on Gingerbread and will never get that ICS upgrade. When you people have had enough of that S2 pile of junk ask to lateral over to either one of the phones I mentioned and say good bye to that headache once and for all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

DinkinsTameika wrote:

Well I got my GS2 last December. It worked fine for a few months then stopped. I am now on my 3rd GS2 within one year and all keep having the same issue with connection. The only place that has changed is my place of employment. I live in the same place I lived for the past two years so I don't know how it could suddenly be my home or my mother's home where I visit frequently. So I now have next to NO signal in the places I frequent most: home, work, school and my mom's. All places I was able to use my phone fine before earlier in the year. It's bad enough to have to pay an add'l $10/mo for 4G when I'm not even in a 4G area. But to pay $100/mo for a phone that doesn't work anywhere?! Ridiculous. According to Sprint's map I live blocks away from a tower. So how the heck my phone won't even ring when someone is calling me is beyond me. How I get random texts between 11pm-5am that were sent the evening before is beyond me. I've been with Sprint 5 years and don't feel like a valued customer anymore. When I used to have an issue, Sprint reps did what they can and at least offered to accommodate you for the inconvenience. Now they just sit on the phone with this "Wellll what do you want ME to do?" silence.

I continue to suggest that anyone still on ICS and willing to take the JB plunge copy any info they need off the phone and download/install JB (FK23 or FL04) from the various sites on the internet.  Don't wait for Sprint to push it out - it really is that good.  It's why I will no longer stand up and defend ICS - JB is what ICS should have been for this phone.

@Srala,

The Photon has its own issues as people in my office can attest.  GB is solid but every O/S has bugs and security issues.  Heck, look at the big security gap found over the weekend on most Samsung devices!  FWIW I'm glad to see regular work done on this phone... though I am hearing that will end next Spring and why I will look at a GN2.  (Also strongly considering finally making the move off of an MVNO and onto Sprint itself.)

Journeyman

garwynn, I do understand that each operating system has it's issues and will cause grief at some time or another. What I needed was to get away from that S2 ever since that upgrade. The performance of the phone nose dived when that upgrade was pushed through and continued as each patch made it's way to cure problems, unfortunately other technical problems popped up soon after each patch. When I got this refurbished Motorola Photon 4G I was amazed at how quick it was doing the basic things I wanted to do with it. I can now watch Youtube videos on the 4g network inside my house as if it was on my wifi signal...I think I can get away from using my wifi signal all together if I wanted to. When I had my S2 I could never watch any youtube video on either 3g or 4g network in my house without the video constantly stopping and buffering or losing the signal even with the airrave unit right next to me. Right now I am watching a youtube video that is an hour and twenty minutes long, on the HQ setting, and so far five minutes into the video it hasn't cut out, stopped, or buffered once while in my home on the 4g network.  The Galaxy S2 experience for me was frustrating and mentally exhausting with all the problems I experienced. I am just happy to say goodbye to that phone and want to let others know that there is a way out of that phone without paying more money or starting a new two year contract. Oh just to update that video I am watching....I am now 12 minutes into it and it still hasn't lost it's sugnal, stopped, or even buffered once this whole time.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat