cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow data speeds fault of phone

Wizard

I've run a bunch of speedtests using several different methods and its clear that the Epic 4G Touch is getting far inferior 3G speeds. I've tested this next to two different HTC handsets. I used to average almost 1.0mbps down.

56 REPLIES 56
Wizard

Hi,

Can I have the zipcode to where your experencing these issues at?

Thank you,

----George

Wizard

My wife's Evo Shift and my previous Evo4G were doing fine ~ 800kbps down....not stellar, but good.  I can literally see the Sprint tower from my window.  I've been through all the network trouble shooting in the past with Sprint (numerous phone calls from field techs, etc.) and things have improved since then. 

THIS however is specifically related to the slow speeds of the Epic 4G Touch that I just bought.  The signals are far lower with it than with my Evo or Shift (side by side comparison this AM where that screen shot came from)

Journeyman

Same issue here in northeast MA and throught SE NH.

Zip codes is 01860

Journeyman

Same here in Boston, MA

4G speeds are fine but 3G speeds are absolutely unacceptable. I used to get over 1mbps with my Evo 4G and my Epic 4G Touch can't get better than 320kbps (upload speed is a pathetic 42kbps). Sprint had better get this sorted out in a hurry!

Wizard

mmark27,

I reviewed your area and  we are having data related issues. We are working towards a solution. As a further question, are the download speeds consistently slow on the Epic 4G Touch, regardless to where you are?

Let me know,

William

SprintCares Team

Journeyman

Re: Slow data speeds fault of phone

Hey Sprint Cares....how about the 01860 zip I posted earlier? (Merrimac, MA)

We have no 4G here (stops 7 miles from my house) and the 3G speeds are bad...they have gone down hill considerably since last winter AND the Epic Touch has slower speeds than our EVO 4G consistently....no matter where we are. WIFI speeds consitently match what the EVO 4G produces.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What in tarnation is going on with phone service in Queens, NY 11354 zip.

With all the recent outages in data and today phone this is not the "NOW" network but the then network. I'm just po'd completely. All the recently announced changes, upcoming data caps, no Premiere perks, 14 day down from 30 day new phone tryouts, and on. I could care less whether Hesse, et al bring the iPhone, TMobile or any other bs pr boilerplate to the company. They've just lost me. They deserve to sink in the malaise of their own wishful thinking.

R. Maiman,

Flushing, NY

Journeyman

Same problem here... only getting about 45K with my galaxy s2 in mesa AZ 85201... 3G,,, My EVO was alot better .....

Journeyman

Similar problem here, comparing the Touch with our Motorola Photon. 3G speeds of the Touch are about 20-40% of the Photon. We are in Ithaca, NY, 14850 and tried is in 14853.

Sprint Employee

hello mcheiron, or you using a speed test app to gauge the speed?, are both phones connected to the same channel?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Re: Slow data speeds fault of phone

Same problem here... terrible 3G speeds.  I'm talking 0.05 to 0.32Mbps down.  My EVO was 0.7 to 1.5Mbps down in the same spot.  I'll test against the EVO at the same time-space next change I get and post results.

48310 and 48090 zip codes

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat