cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow data speeds fault of phone

Journeyman

Same issue in Hollywood California.  Super slow 3g speeds.  Terrible signal and also the wifi radio is so weak that I am at one bar inside of my house.

I would love some sprint response on what is being done to fix this.  I don't mind waiting a bit, if I know that the problem is going to get fixed.

Journeyman

Anyone heard anything on this? This is a major problem for me and I'm about to pull my hair out. 3G is pretty much useless for me right now.

GrandMaster

it seems like all the new phones are the ones having the issues with reception and data. the iphone 4s is way bad with data speeds right now.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hello,

I have had the same issues with data speed on my epic touch.  A lot of people are having issues and I don't think it's fair.  I have posted a petition for "Premium Data" relief, until sprint works this out.

If you have time, I invite you to sign the petition.  Also pass it on to people who might be effected by this.

Petition: Sprint Cellular Provider: Suspend premium data fees until data rates matches advertised sp...

Thanks

Journeyman

The petition indicates "until data rates match the data speeds, which they advertise". What are the rates Sprint is advertising? I am serious. I tried finding them and did not. I want to consider signing the petition but need the facts first.

Thank you.

Journeyman

Re: Slow data speeds fault of phone

Hello,  yes, this is what they list as the speeds for those services:

png.png

I will post those on the petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/sprint-cellular-provider-suspend-premium-data-fees-until-data-rates-...

Journeyman

Re: Slow data speeds fault of phone

Strangely enough, it appears that Sprint is shooting much lower with their 3g speed estimates.  They have now downgraded 3g speed to 400kbps to 700kpbs.

I guess we shouldn't be too upset now.

http://www.change.org/petitions/sprint-cellular-provider-suspend-premium-data-fees-until-data-rates-...

GrandMaster

do you have a link to where you grabbed this data? i know its on the sprint site but where?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?deviceSKUId=59200192&capabilities3GAlias#capa...

This is a link to one of the devices. It now shows, under the 3g icon, what the expected data rates are.

The other image is older and apparently isn't there any more.

Wizard

Yeah, that's much slower than AT&T but about in line with Verizon 3G.  Sprint 4G just isn't as widely available as AT&T and T-Mobile.  When I'm on 4G it's still not as fast as my 4G LTE Xoom or my former T-Mobile phone was on 4G but it's more than adequete for occasional surfing, e-mail and texting.  Video chats are laggy on 3G but ok on 4G. 

Cheers,

Journeyman

I am using the SPEEDTEST.NET app for testing my connection speeds. Any other ones to try using?

In my testing I am finding about 30-40% fall within the range they advertise, the remainder below the advertised speeds. And the ones in range are at the low end of the speed scale.

Should we expect all tests to fall within the ranges advertised, even if at the lower end? I find 30-40% not a very good success rate.

Journeyman

So I was on with tech support, who said that she actually hadn't heard of these problems.  She then disconnected me.

I called back in and got a really great rep, who was actually just a customer service guy.  He knew more about tech support than the tech support reps.

He had me change some setting, relating to 3g data speed.  My speed went from under 100kbps to over 550kpbs.  He mentioned that the default setting might do some "throttling" 

The problem is that you need the msl number, which he gave me.

These are the steps to change that setting:

1.  dial ##3282#

2. select "edit"

3. enter your MSL password

4. select "Data Profile"

5. scan down to "Secondary HA IP" (it is at the bottom)

6. replace the ip address with "0.0.0.0"

There was another interesting things that he said.  He mentioned that all of the issues we were experiencing were related to a Samsung software update, Sprint is waiting on. 

These issues all relate to the radios and include:

* Loss of Signal

* Weak radios

* Bad GPS lock

Anyway, he also had me reset the GPS, but that didn't help the bad lock.

Got a nice credit for my continued issues and I am now standing by for the samsung update.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat