cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some SMS text messages get stuck "downloading"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know a fix for Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G touch.... problem with some text messages not coming thru. Receive a message stating the size of the message, the expiration date and the message "downloading". Is anyone else receiving this error. It is really frustrating. So far I get this from randomly from 2 of my contacts and they have different carriers and both use an iphone. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

This has only happened to me with Pictures attached. I just have to have the person resend.

Journeyman

Thanks for your reply. Recently one of my messages did have a picture attached and when they resent the message it went through. I still have the problem every once in awhile when pictures are not attached. Resending these does not always solve the problem. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Journeyman

I have the same problem almost every day. Mine occurs only when receiving attached photos. Resending is the only thing that works for me. The missus has the same phone and she has the same problem. I have a feeling this is widespread

Journeyman

I've had a similar problem. Mine will also occur if multiple people are copied on the text message.

Journeyman

It is a common occurrence when receiving pictures and video from an iPhone to this device.  I haven't found a fix for it yet.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Is everyone using the native messaging client?  I can't say I've run into the issues mentioned above but I switched over to Go SMS Pro a couple of weeks after I activated the phone. 

Journeyman

Re: Some SMS text messages get stuck "downloading"

My wife has an Iphone and although my texts with pictures come though for me, I have to "download" them as well.  Prior to EL29 they came through just fine.  When i have to DL them I can't soon in on them or anything.    EL29 stinks.  I'm using the default texting program and have not rooted my phone.

Journeyman

This is the same issue I posted about yesterday.  The same thing happens to me whenever a photo is attached, or also if I send one.  It takes quite a long time for the picture to transmit.  Hopefully they can put in a fix for this, as it seems rather widespread judging from all the comments.

Journeyman

I am also having the same problem.  Have no idea exactly what phone type/model is sending the text to me as it happes from several different people.  Don't have the time to inquire about what phones/plans are sending text messages.  Basic function of phone and should work.  Any solutions yet?

Journeyman

I don't have my phone in front of me, but I was able to get the downloads to work if I changed from 'automatic' to manual downloads. Somewhere in the settings you can make that change. Since I made the change EVERY attached photo downloads with no problem. You tap on the download button and it starts downloading.

Journeyman

its sprints service it sucks i have the evo an mine does this all the time

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat