cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Can You Answer This?

Journeyman

Well Sprint can you answer this Question because right now i am pissed off with the lack of action on this issue of the GPS on the Epic 4G Touch if Sprint and Samsung are working on any.

So does Sprint think if the GPS takes longer then 4 minutes+ to lock on, is the GPS working correct?

OR should i just take it to a Sprint store where the tech. people say that there is No problem with the GPS on the phone and it is the first time that they have Heard of it.

This is outside with a clear view of the SKY, this is with Navigation App.

So SPRINT what should i do with the $500.00 plus TAX phone, because it is the GPS and there is more then 1 app. on this phone  that needs its GPS to be working without the issues and problems

it has.

Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

You should mark this as a "question", otherwise, the moderators may not see it.  It's a good question!

Highlighted
Journeyman

While this may not help fix your problem I would suggest 2 things that you can grab from the Android Market free of charge. 

#1) Download GPS Staus & Toolbox from the link below.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDUwMSwiY29tLmVjbGlwc2l...

#2) Download GPS Test from the link below as well.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDUwMSwiY29tLmNoYXJ0Y3Jv...

I would suggest you run GPS Test before you open a Nav app and once that gets a lock on the GPS Sats that are around you open your Nav and see if it does help and get a lock quicker.  You can do the same with GPS Status & Toolbox but it also allows you to reset the GPS Data (even without root) which will clear the cache with GPS which at times does help.  Yes it's an extra step which does suck but for the most part it's a quick fix.  A lot of Samsung phones have GPS issues at times and it is a Samsung problem they had this with the OG Epic among other phones even on other providers.

Journeyman

EL29 update fixed this for me

Journeyman

Really?  It didn't fix anything for me.... my GPS has seemed to have gotten worse since the day I got it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat