cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint ID has stopped working errors

Master

Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors

Sorry to hear about that.  The update may have not finalized properly which a Sprint Service & Repair Center can do manually. 

We apologize for the trouble,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Journeyman

Honestly, Sprint really sucks.

My Samasung Galaxy SII (Epic 4g touch) was working perfectly before the last update included the dreaded SPRINT ID. This thing has caused me nothing but problems ever since.

It was automatically downloaded and, initially, didn't do anything. But I kept getting the "Sprint ID error." So I was like, "hmmm, what is this thing?" I tried to uninstall it, but of course there was no link to it in the Applications list. SO I clicked on Sprint ID and clicked "Samsung" as the ID Pack just to see what it does. (Well, let this be a warning to anyone who hasn't yet installed Sprint ID, just let your phone keep crashing the Sprint ID app, instead of clicking on Sprint ID.) Because ever since then, it installed the "NEW" launcher app on my phone which wiped out all my screens that I had up to that point. I had widgets setup for my email, calendar, directories, etc. All my work info gone. Of course, all that info was still on my phone, I just lost all my convenient access to it that I've setup over the past year. My business productivity went down to ZERO! While futily trying to get my old home screens back, I finally realized, "Ok, I'll just deal with the new Sprint ID launcher and spend the 2 days it takes to re-do all my 5 home screens."

Well, I've spent the past 2 days doing just that...setting up my email widget, calendar widget, bank widget, transactions widgets, etc, etc, etc. And then my phone will hang, something will crash, and all my widgets will be gone...disappeared! And my phone has been crashing ever since. Everytime I try to redo my home screens, they eventually disappear, and I have to redo it. It's happened around 10 times already.

At this point, I'm relegated to have an entirely blank 5 home screens. Cuz if I add anything, it will only disappear anyway. I am forced to open my application list and search for anything I want to do on my phone.

I have 5 phones on my plan. I'm honestly ready to just dump Sprint and go with Verizon. I've just been entirely soured by this whole process. I've called customer service who didn't seem to have a solution. Except that when I ask if anybody else has complained about this, they said a lot of people have.

Why oh why did Sprint have to add some shitty piece of bloatware to our phones to essentially cripple it. I'm ready to throw my phone out the window...

Journeyman

Got this error a few times over a few days, ignored it, and it's no longer a problem. If it does pop-up again/frequently to the point of aggravation then I'd  power off (and maybe pull the battery for a minute) before doing anything more drastic that typically results in data loss. Rebooting the phone like this has resolved all annoying little problems so far. (I've never cleared cache nor factory-reset in the 13-months I've had my awesome E4GT.)

Journeyman

Hello,

No dice at all...problem still exists. What I don't understand is why doesn't the update contain all of the necessary steps for functionality, so people do not have to go through all this nonsense just to get their phones to function. Yes, I know there are many people who are very tech-friendly and can figure things out as they go but a majority of others are just regular folks who do not have much knowledge about this and that. They expect their phones to work for them reliably and unfortunately this is not the case for a majority of people and myself. Basically, when a software update is sent out, customers expect it to be fully complete and not have to go through other methods afterwards just to get their phone to work properly. Man, I am just counting the days before my upgrade (or my contract is up) so I can move on with a different phone or possibly jump ship to another provider. 

Journeyman

Who wants to do a factory reset on their phone because Sprint messed up??? A pain in the azz! My phone is freezing up as well and now I have to take it into a store to get it fixed. On top of this EVERY SINGLE TIME THERE IS AN UPGRADE MY CONTACTS TRIPLE. THE ICE CREAM UPGRADE QUINTRUPLED MY @#&%  CONTACTS. WTH???

Wizard

From your contacts, menu > view which catagories do you see contacts within? are you using some sort of backup / restore uitility, or the export/import option from contacts?

Journeyman

No, I am not using any type of utility for the contacts...just from Google.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello mgonzales085, I had replied to jag11, who had since removed their post in regard to why they are seeing duplicate contacts when they reset/restore. are you also having trouble with duplicated contacts?

Journeyman

Hello,

No my contacts are fine, it is just the performance of the phone that is horrible. For one, I can barely make a phone call because I keep getting disconnected or hear nothing on the line but on the other side, someone can hear me (I just cannot hear them). When this starts to happen, you notice that when you click on an app, it sticks for quite a few seconds and no system "click" that I have the sounds set on dissapear. I do a restart and it clears it up for a while then later on...you guessed it....back again. I am really getting tired of this phone because the two times that I have needed it to make important phone calls (picking up kids), the phone malfunctioned. I can deal with the data and other stuff but when it comes to not being able to make a call that is important, this is where I begin having a major problem.

Journeyman

Also having the same issue with my brand new Galaxy S2. Within an hour after updating to FI27 and going to the play store, I started getting the same Sprint ID error message over and over, with the phone slowing to a crawl.

My phone is completely stock, NOT rooted, less than a week old. I had absolutely no problems with the update process itself, this error is clearly on the side of the software/firmware and NOT any sort of user error. I am fresh off of my 2nd factory reinstall now. The factory reinstall basically just temporarily fixes the problem only for it to start up again after an hour.

Honestly, how many people are even testing these updates? I'm having trouble grasping such a horrible glitch could be applied to an official update.