cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint ID has stopped working errors

Journeyman

Sprint ID has stopped working errors

After getting the FI27 update this morning I've repeatedly gotten the Sprint ID error.  I tried the fixes recommended in a previous post ( http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/97358 ) and all were ineffective.  Any fixes? 

37 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Sprint ID has stopped working errors

I also tried the solutions there with zero success on my son's phone.  His phone just updated today to F127 and never had this problem before.  His phone is constantly freezing and then the pop up saying Sprint ID has stopped working. For me it's not just the play store, it's any app. Basically his phone is worse than before and almost useless due to the constant freezing opening just about any app.  I'm taking his up to our local Sprint store tomorrow so if I find a solution from them I'll let you know. 

Journeyman

I found a solution.  I ended up doing a factory reset and no more problems.  I figured Sprint would do a factory reset when I took it in anyway.  After doing the factory reset Sprint ID is now called Mobile ID in his app drawer, but if you go into manage your apps it's still called Sprint ID.  I've installed and unistalled a few apps on the market with no problems.  I've restarted his phone many times with no problems at all.  I couldn't even get into Sprint ID without it crashing prior to the factory reset and no problems now. 

Journeyman

I know there's a lot of info out there on doing resets (& backups) but that is part of the problem.  What is the easiest way to back up my phone data prior to doing a reset?  My phone is not rooted.  I'd like to preserve as much as possible on my phone (app preferences, data, etc) while still wiping out whatever is causing the issues.  Any suggestions? 

Journeyman

I was getting the Sprint ID errors. I wiped the cache in recovery and it hasn't happened since. That was Monday night.

Journeyman

Hey Bill - what do you mean wiped the cache in recovery?  I tried clearing the cache & data for the Sprint ID application (>Settings >Applications >Sprint ID >Clear cache) but the cache was already at 0.00B.  Did you do something else?

Journeyman

This post contains information about wipeing the cache

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/480193#480193

Journeyman

Okay, for the past couple of days, my phone keeps freezing up and then pops up "Sprint ID has stopped working." What the heck is this? This started once I performed the update and now it keeps getting worse. Just about every other time I try to open an app or even click on the homescreen to perform an action, it freezes and that little message pops up. I understand that no update is going to be perfect but c'mon...this is getting a little crazy! Any others experiencing this issue too or am I just going insane?

Master

Hello and sorry to hear about the trouble with your phone.  The post above yours, contains a link about "wiping the cache" from your phone.  Try that and let us know if the problem persists. 

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/480193#480193

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Journeyman

I went with the nuclear option - full reset (as described in link above).  No more Sprint ID errors though now my phone is turning off repeatedly throughout the day.  Bringing it to Sprint soon. 

edit: wiping the cache did not work

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.