cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Issues Unresolved

Journeyman

Sprint Issues Unresolved

I've been having the following issues..

A couple of months back I purchased samsung s2 from sprint as an upgrade to my contract. (been with sprint 6 years)

I had issues with that device, calls dropping, unable to use data and no navigation.

I called sprint, they said, sorry you have to take it in to a repair center, and as for lack of services, we are unable to do anything for you. sorry.

Great, I took my phone in to a sprint repair center in Indianapolis

They replaced my device for 35$ ... Immediately I had teh same issues

I called sprint, asking for compensation or any sort of help

They said, "there is nothing we can do for you. maybe repair center can help"

I went to the same repair center, they issued me a new phone for an added 35$..

This is my third day with that phone and again! i have the same issuess!

I've called sprint, and tehy've done nothing for me. I actually recorded teh conversation and the customer service representative said they would issue me a credit for 25$ & then when i spoke to escalation, they said they wouldn't do that because I asked where she came up with the 25$ number from?

I should be compensated for lack of service and having paid for 3 non-working devices!

This is ridiculous. I'm going to clog every social media platform and cell phone blog with this until someone from sprint helps me!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

What I would like:

1. Compensation for lack of service and non-working devices I've paid for.

2. Credit for a new phone, that is the same price I initially paid for the s2.. I find it extremely counterproductive to keep getting issued teh same exact phone 3 times in a row and having paid close to 290$ at this point within one year for 3 non functioning s2 devices.. I've been on the phone with sprint every week for at least 10 hours!...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I found that emailing sprintcares@sprint.com with your issue, phone number, and PIN number gets you a lot further!  I was promised a credit for horrible service while they were upgrading towers in my area and they "lost the notes" so I was never issued a credit.  I emailed the email address I provided to you and received a $100 credit the very same day after they called and spoke with me on the phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

URASHID5,

Thank you for using Sprint Community for your questions an concerns.  I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with dropped calls, data issues and navigation issues with 3 separate phones now.  I'll be glad to assist you any way that I can.  3 phones with the same issue is most likely not a device issue.  Any time you have multiple devices with the same issue in the same location, it indicates a network based issue.

If you wouldn't mind, could you share the city, state and nearest cross street where you are experiencing your issue?  We may need to report an issue in your area if one has not already been reported.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, it's in two seperate zip codes which I travel to frequently. First is 46202 (my residence) cross street is North and Park ... 2nd is 60067 (Where my family resides). Euclid and Roselle.

Now the issue is, I've paid 105$ in replacement devices! 199$ for the original phone. and 68.50 every month when I'm unable to use my devices. The thing is everytime the phone has been taken to a repair center and they are teh ones that say the phone is non repairable. I don't have insurance, so the damage is covered under warranty. I've been having dropped calls and issues ever since March this year. I was promised compensation and I have a recording of sprint promising me credit and then when a supervisor got on the phone they said they weren't going to honor what the previous customer service representative said!

I want a different device, different make and model and I want my money back. This is seriously, ridiciulous. I've been with sprint for 6 years and have NEVER, EVER called for technical support until I purchased the galaxy s2

Highlighted
Journeyman

I find it hard to justify paying a fee for services I'm not receiving and paying for non-functioning devices. Really, I think there is some illegality to this. There is an implied understanding that the services I receive on a fee basis will be reliable to an extent and paying for replacement devices every two (I'm on my fourth galaxy s2!) is just not right. Sprint needs to honor their loyal customers. Not treat them like crap on the phone. I literally dropped the call with customer services 4 times last night in a densley populated area in illinois where your service map shows 4g!

Highlighted
Wizard

Unfortunately, those cross streets are not bringing up any information in my system.  If you would not mind sending me a private message with the physical address where you are experiencing your issues. 

To send a private message:

1.  Click on my name (Below my picture)

2.  Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

In reference to a different make or model device, if you are experiencing a network issue that will not resolve your issue.  The $35 service and repair fee is applied to all replacements and/or repairs where total equipment protection is not present.  If you are still under warranty and do not want to pay the fee for a malfunctioning device, the manufacturer would have been able to cover it at no cost to you.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Indianapolis with a GS2 as well.

The service/phone was marginal at best while the phone was still running Gingerbread.  Bad enough that i was pissed about paying for "premium data" that the Sprint Network is incapable of delivering, but good enough that i didn't lose much sleep over it.

Then Sprint rolled out the ICS update, and it all went bad.

My battery life is unacceptable.  (The people at the store blame this on Samsung and assured me that there would be another update to fix it within 2 weeks.  I was told this 2 months ago.  No update.)

My GPS has not ONCE worked since the ICS update.  It just continually searches for satellites, doesn't find any, and destroys 25% of my battery life in 10 minutes searching.

I have a less than 50% success rate on uploading files to the internet.

My phone data roams constantly.

I've taken the phone into the Sprint store in Indianapolis twice.  The first time they said they found nothing except that Samsung was working on an update.  The second time, they said that they re-set and wiped the phone and everything was working correctly.  They lied.  They didn't do either of those things, and nothing was fixed.

Now, i'm currently chatting with Sprint Customer Care about the issues, and they didn't offer anything on the issue other than to have me do a hard reset (Which i've done, doesn't fix anything) and then offer me a one time $10 credit on my account.

SERIOUSLY?

Completely unacceptable.

Highlighted
Wizard

concealer404,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Galaxy S2.  I'll be glad to assist any way that I can.  There was a firmware push that was sent to the devices to assist with both of the issues that you're reporting.  Would you do me a favor and check some information in your device for me?

Select Menu>Settings>About Phone and read me what it says under build number. 

The current version for that phone should end in FH13.  If it does not, have have not received the push.  I do know that many of our customers were able to perform that update using Samsung Keys, so that may be an option for you.

I look forward to hearing from you so we can determine the next course of action we need to take in order to resolve your issue.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fergie_B wrote:

concealer404,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Galaxy S2.  I'll be glad to assist any way that I can.  There was a firmware push that was sent to the devices to assist with both of the issues that you're reporting.  Would you do me a favor and check some information in your device for me?

Select Menu>Settings>About Phone and read me what it says under build number. 

The current version for that phone should end in FH13.  If it does not, have have not received the push.  I do know that many of our customers were able to perform that update using Samsung Keys, so that may be an option for you.

I look forward to hearing from you so we can determine the next course of action we need to take in order to resolve your issue.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

It's FH13 build.  Still same issues.

I've started my own thread if you want to pop in for a nightmare.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fergie, I have SGIII and am having the exact same issues as concealer 404.  I'm in NW Ohio.  Is there a push for the GIII as well?  And if not, what can I do to fix the phone?  Can't say I'm thrilled paying what I am for a phone that's unusable. 

Highlighted
Wizard

ThatLMSgrl,

Thank you for reporting your issue.  The most recent push to the Galaxy III ends in LI3. 

To check the firmware version on your device:

1.  Press  and tap Menu> Settings>About Device

2.  Scroll to the bottom and view the Baseband version

If your firmware is up to date, I'll need your city, state and nearest cross street to determine the next course of action we need to take to resolve your issue.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat