cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Premier Customers and the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

Highlighted
Patron

Okay, so I read the Sprint press release . . . as copied below . . . about purchasing the $50 gift card AT THE STORE (what a hassle) to get to the front of the line, pre-order, for an Epic 4G touch . . .

"Can’t wait to get your hands on Epic 4G Touch?

Pre-order  Epic 4G Touch at any participating Sprint store with the purchase of a  $50 Sprint gift card. Customers who pre-order Epic 4G Touch will have  their name added to the Device Wait List and be contacted to set up an  appointment to complete their smartphone purchase beginning Sept. 16."

Well, what about those of us that are Sprint Premier . . . I'm Sprint Premier Gold . . . and the promise is . . .

"You're first with Sprint. As a Premier customer, you'll get the chance  to be among the first to buy the hottest new phones and products."

Avoiding the Sprint Store, the long lines and the long wait times AND YET still getting the hottest phones FIRST is a Sprint Premier bene, right?  Well, this IS THE HOT PHONE of the moment . . . so what is Sprint going to do for us Premier folks?

30 REPLIES 30
Journeyman

Was wondering the same thing, and was showing my wife a demo of it on youtube earlier.  Her reply was "We don't get good enough service at the house for it to make sense".  She might be right, but I still want it lol.  Who knows, maybe we'll just hold onto the palm pres until our contract on hers is up.  I definitely like that phone better than anything else I've seen, inlcuding iPhone.

CT

Wizard

So I'm confused...........I thought the Samsung Galaxy S II was going to be call the Within?????????? Just asking.

Journeyman

I believe the name 'within' was an internal moniker that Sprint used to identify the device. The public name for the cellphone 'Epic 4G Touch' was rumored around 3 weeks ago and has prevailed.

Journeyman

This is how you spend your time?

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Premier Customers and the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

I've been wondering the same thing.  But don't bother calling the *7 representatives, or chatting with one online or even calling your local store they will have no information for you and will likely know less than you do.

From what I've found out today, the stores that have repairs in them the bigger corporate stores you can buy the gift cards at.  The smaller stores without the repairs haven't been authorized on this matter.

I asked the representative at the corporate store about the premier and he had no information but said that most likely they will open it up for early ordering for sprint premier members however they have not been given that information yet.  They also do not know how many they will have in the store.  This representative said with so many unknowns its best to buy the gift card just in case and then hope for the opening of premier ordering for the epic 4g touch.

My impression on the other representatives were very bad, some didn't even know what the epic 4g touch was and others didn't even know that the release date had been given.  Come on sprint!!! Hire me, I obviously know more about your products and services then the people you currently have.

Journeyman

Unbelievable that Sprint does not even inform their "Sprint Store" employees about this type of thing. Just got off the phone with the store - had no clue.  Apparently, I am their only source of information.

Journeyman

My thoughts exactly.

Journeyman

They do inform them... the reps just dont check their email. I told the store manager that I wanted to pre order he knew that I had to be wrong and that it was the rumor mill... I explained that I just followed the launch online and received a tweet from sprint that said I could pre order.. he still looked like he doubted me.. I asked him to please just check the system, he checked his email and said that they did send out an email but that he had not opened it. It should be a requirement for sprint employees to follow sprint and all of the manufacturers on twitter.

Journeyman

Even just enforcing things beyond an email, like a training or something.  I just wish they didn't treat you like you don't know what you're talking about.  What happened to the customer is always right?  Obviously, anyone whose ever worked with people this is not always the easiest thing however, customer service is usually the make it or break it in any industry.

Journeyman

I have had the same experience...told them last night to check the Sprint Newsroom...but still I have not mangaged to sign up for this phone because they do not have the WAIT LIST....must wait on the Wait List.... :-(

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Premier Customers and the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

Theory- If Sprint tells us we will be able to buy the phone three days early then we dont pre-order and they have no indication of what to expect on the 16th. Im sure there is a ratio of pre-orders to sales ie. for every 1 pre-order they can expect to sell 10 phones or whatever it might be. So if we are going to be able to purchase the phone 3 days early then we probably wont find out about it until a couple of days before. Just a theory but it makes sense from an analytical perspective. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat