cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint to LTE ????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint to LTE ????

When is Sprint going to move to LTE?? and would my epic 4g touch automaticly just get LTE speeds. I'm sure I will probly have to pay extra but just curious? Im actually consdering on moving to Verizon just cause there speeds are crazy FAST!!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has announced that they will start deploying LTE by the middle of 2012 and will have devices available for sale around the same time, However, your current phone will not be compatible with the new LTE network; since you have a wimax compatible phone. Sprint has announced that they will continue to support all current wimax phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. That kinda sucks. Im in it for another year and a half but do you think the current 4g wimax will get an upgrade in speed and overall range?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing has been announced on that front other than they will continue to support the network in conjunction with clearwire. Clearwire and Sprint have annouced they will collaborate on the LTE network. From what I understand they will no longer expand the current wimax footprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought I read that some of the towers have already beeen outfitted with LTE. But they aren't turning them on until summer at the earliest though. That will be in a few big cities first and will spread to other cities over time similar to Verizon and ATT's rollouts.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

they have also been doing some slight upgrades to towers and in some cases adding to help with the overloads on the current towers. i'll try to locate the info so you can pull up your area to see what all upgrades have been done in the last 6 months and what is planned in the upcoming 6 months.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

ONDAEDGx,

Here's the press release about the first markets we are rolling LTE out to:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2157

fireguy_6364,

Are you talking about the www.sprint.com/network site to check on tower upgrades?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah thats it. just found it when i noticed you posted in here lol.

my phones speeds arent good enough to pull it up unless im home on wifi. but i could have sworn it showed i had some upgrades done around my area..now it shows nadda. ditto for my work..showed a couple upgrades but now its showing nothing.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

It is sad that in my surrounding area there are over a dozen towers for Sprint and the data speeds are so slow. My contract is up in March and if nothing changes or improves I am back with ATT. Get it together Sprint.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you'd like, I can take a look at a few internal systems on my end to see if there's a discrepency between the customer site and our internal systems.  If so, just shoot me some addresses via private message.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat