cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Sprint for actually listening. (CarrierIQ)

Journeyman

I will say thank you for taking the step to do this. I do have to admit it should of been done from the get go however BUT I am happy you are doing it.

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/sprint-orders-all-oems-to-strip-carrier-iq-from-their-hardware-2...

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

I certainly called them and talked with them for about 20 minutes about it. A drone from Hesse's office, but someone from Sprint nonetheless.  I'm glad to see it and I hope they extract it from our phones soon.

Journeyman

There is already a build out for the E4GT (from samfirmware) that has CIQ removed as well Build EL13.  Which I'm currently running on my phone.  When the build that's going to do this officially comes out I'll just back track and grab it then but for now I'm CIQ free thanks to Samsung themselves.

What else is going to be removed? Any chance MediaHub, etc? Just think the additional software is such a waste especially when it keeps starting without purposefully starting

Journeyman

Re: Thank you Sprint for actually listening. (CarrierIQ)

MediaHub and Social hub are still in EL13.  The fact is it's part of Samsungs software.  However I removed it myself before I flashed the rom so I no longer have them both on my phone.  I however DO NOT SUGGEST that people do this unless they do actually know what they are doing with their phone.  I've rooted/hacked apart (software side only) every single Android phone I've ever owned.  While I consider it easy for the average user it is not something for the faint of heart as it can lead to problems if you do mess up.

Edit.

also before anyone says that I'm not running the version I stated above.  The baseband is still on the EK02 modem I reverted back to it after noticing a few issues with the EL13 modem.  Yes this is the actually Android 2.3.6 install of EL13 however running on the modded EL13 kernel from another developer. 

SC20111216-143915.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat