cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three seconds from dropkicking my S2

Highlighted
Journeyman

Three seconds from dropkicking my S2

So I haven't had a ton of issues with my S2, and I've had it for about a year. More issues total with this Samsung than I ever had with any of my HTC's though. Starting this past Sunday (3 days ago) my phone starting power cycling and turning off and on by itself over and over again like a mad man. I couldn't even write a whole text message without it turning off before I could send it. I also was having issues with the lock screen turning on by itself when no buttons were pushed.

On Monday I took the phone in to my local sprint store to get it looked at. Basically they told me that the ICS update has been causing this issue in most S2's for the past MONTH and sprint has yet to release an update to fix it. They hard reset my phone anyways (because apparently that's the only unlikely solution) and a day later it started power cycling again!! I have tried to do what I can in between the times it's shutting down and crapping on me but it's hard to troubleshoot when it power cyclings literally 25 times in one day.

Another cute little thing it started to do today was tell me that my battery is dead 1 minute after I look and it says it's at 76% battery. : /

I checked my battery for bubbling since I read on here that that could be an issue, but no bubbling. Tried taking out my SD card for a bit, and it still power cycled.

Please help. I don't know what more I can do and I'm pretty sure the stress from this thing is giving me bald spots.

P.S. The guy at the sprint store said that they could replace my phone with another S2, but it likely will have the same issues. Hopes = deleted.

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

Re: Three seconds from dropkicking my S2

shebroughtchaos

Thanks for your Community post. I sincerely apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your device. Based on the issues that your mentioned I firmly believe the best resolution is to have the device itself replaced. I understand the store representative may have advised the device may have the same issues however, it is huge chance that it will not. Please feel free to visit your nearest S&R center, and keep us posted on the outcome.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is being released tomorrow for the S2.

You'll have to go to a store for them to update it.

Journeyman

As an update, yesterday night I took my phone once again to the Sprint store, explained to them that I already had a hard reset and was still having ALL the same issues. The guy looked at my phone for about 2 minutes and said that I needed a new battery. (Whaaa??) I have noticed a difference in battery life with the last update so I attributed to the update itself, not a fault in my battery. I am not sold on the whole fact that the handful of wigging out issues my phone is having is all attributed to the battery, but the guy ordered me a new one that won't be in til Friday. Until then, my phone is sitting next to me and power cycled 4 times while writing. Wait, five.

Are you sure about the Jelly Bean update? I talked to the sprint representative and they had no idea about that.

Wizard

Journeyman

Thanks! I wonder why the people at the Sprint store aren't aware of the update to Jellybean.

Bad news is that my phone is still power cycling even with Jelly bean on it, so I had to have a new device shipped out to me. Yay, 2 more days of this crap...

Wizard

Most reps dont know because it was just announced a day and a half ago, on a small blurb, for a non high profile device, for an over the wire update... and a lot of them have S3 and Note2 so the S2vis not exactly on their radar. And the website they initially announced didnt have the update available until earlier today.

Journeyman

Did you happen to buy the white phone?  My husband bought the titanium one and i got the white one and his has never messed up.  In fact out of everyone I know that has one of these wretched devices, the titanium phones have never had a problem in low reception areas or any battery issues.  Just the white models.....O.o

Journeyman

Yes, I actually have the white one. Weird...

Journeyman

past MONTH???? I got that topped! I have been having the same issues since last year! Ya know when the S2 and the EVO and such got an update....Sprint seems to be telling everyone on these boards with these issues its their phone. Again I ask, why is it people with the same phones on different carriers are not having these issues??? Sprint..come on fess up..

Journeyman

thank you for confirming my husband's suspicions.  We will be going to the store today to trade mine in for the titanium model to see if that will finally give me a phone that WORKS!

Journeyman

Have enough problems with my phone now so will not be updating to JB. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat