cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Return or Not To Return

Journeyman

So i just bought the S II ON 2/3/2012...Had an evo4g before that and besides battery it was a great phone. I wanna love the  S II but i dunno...First i will be roaming in places Ive never roamed in with my evo. Second the data connection is sslloowww.. Now i know the Sprint network aint the fairest of them all but with my evo I can say I had good data connection..Pages take long to load even with 4 bars. Really thinking abt returning. Anybody got any suggestions. Sold the evo so I need something.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

You'll probably encounter the slow speeds with ANY phone you get.  I don't know what happened to 3G but it's so slow I might as well use 2 cans and a string.  I've got the Motorola Photon and initially everything about this phone was speedy as long as I don't need data which is pretty much for eveyrthing.

Wizard

Yeah, buying a new 4G phone on Sprint right now isn't a great idea unless you're in a strong 4G WiMax area.  With LTE rolling out this spring through 2013 any phone you buy now will not work on the new LTE network (except at 3G speeds - again unless you live in an existing 4G WiMax area) and you'll be locked into this phone for 2 years if you signed a new contract to get the SGS2.  I'd return it and get a used phone to tide you over until the Sprint network upgrades and new phones come to your area. 

Cheers,

Momo4life wrote:

So i just bought the S II ON 2/3/2012...Had an evo4g before that and besides battery it was a great phone. I wanna love the  S II but i dunno...First i will be roaming in places Ive never roamed in with my evo. Second the data connection is sslloowww.. Now i know the Sprint network aint the fairest of them all but with my evo I can say I had good data connection..Pages take long to load even with 4 bars. Really thinking abt returning. Anybody got any suggestions. Sold the evo so I need something.

Journeyman

I HAVE THE IPHONE 4S IT WORKS GREAT I'M PROBALLY GOING TO GET THE NEXUS ONCE IT COMES OUT WITH LTE. I WOULD RETURN IT AND WAIT FOR NEXUS.

Journeyman

Good point didn't think abt that till after...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok the more i have this phone the more problems...Now when im streaming radio stations and the screen goes black the stream will stop... I Made sure settings in app were set not to stop stream when screen goes black. This phone has been nothing but problems...Im convinced Samsungs makes beautiful sh**ty phones. They want me to try a different phone cuz im still within my 30 days. But there is no other phone comparable on Sprint right now. I went from a Evo to S II thinking i would be flying with this thing but I wanna take a hammer to it. I refuse to downgrade. If im gonna be paying 150.00 for next 2 years you damn sure I wanna have a phone that makes my money worth it. Its like paying 500.00 a month for a kia. Not saying they aint good cars but 500.00 a month u better be driving a bmw or something...Damn i shouldve done my homework

Journeyman

Re: To Return or Not To Return

i hapen to stil have my evo 4g.  I called sprint and reinitialized the 4g.  Now I can get on with my life instead of feeling like I want to like that LTE phone.

As I've said on other posts- you cannot mess with core functionality - first and foremost this is a coommunication device.  It's just like food- nothing matters if it dpoes not taste good.

Android- HTC and Sprint ned to be very careful not to fall into the same trap as did microsoft.  feature creep, more and more crap that designers think we want , but really do not value.

Once in a while a really great product comes out like the 4g where HTC really did it's homework becauise it had to hget it right in ordr to take share and gain entry vs apple.  Now they are acting fat dumb amnd happy and ebveryone and their mother is trying to take a piece of the action with its own interests.

Google was smart to buy motorola- Mototrola historically has the best radios- have since the first pagers came out which worked no matter where you were. I may just stick with the 4g until a few years when Google and motorola gat it rihght.

BTW- The aple lawsuit is not a small matter. If they really do have patents that cover live contextual links then they will enforce it. If you have a phone with those links I recommend keeping it until we se how that all nets pout.  In my view HTC may have ben rushing to get those phones imported prior to the ban which went into effect just at the time of the first shipment. This think is seroipusly impaired in my view withoiut that functionality.

MB

Wizard

Yep, I returned my GN on day 13 and bought a barely used HTC EVO Design 4G.  That little guy works better than the SGS2 and the GN.  Until I read about all the issues people are having with their HTC 4G LTE devices I thought it was Samsung who couldn't build a decent radio.  Now many HTC users are having a problem.  Very frustrating.  These devices just need to work. 

Cheers,

I had both phones and still have the G2 but I would suggest waiting for the G3. When the EVO 4g came out there were issues that had to be worked out like any other smart phone. The difference is the EVO 4g was head and shoulders above anything else I had ever seen so the "issues" didn't seem so bad. Now we have a lot of very sophisticated and capable phones so its easy to get annoyed with the "bugs" they have. The only issue I have with the G2 is the GPS but through research and reading forums like this one, I now have a work around for that. Just my opinion but I hope it helps, Rick

Wizard

Good points, however, most people never visit a forum and are stuck trying to resolve these problems with poorly trained support personnel or the sales people at the store they bought it. --Not likely to produce a positive result-- Many times we buy our new phones at full price and really don't expect to have so many issues. The GPS issues on the SGS2 are really bad on the affected phones.  1 of the 3 we had still works great and has never had a problem.  We sold one and the last one has been "repaired" by Samsung but still isn't quite right.  I shouldn't have to spend time helping staff resolve bugs with each new phone released.  After the issues related to the SGS2 and the GN we've resolved to stick with older devices and only upgrade once a clear pattern of reliable service has emerged.

If this keeps up I might start to beleive the tongue in cheek nokia "smartphone beta test" commercial has some basis in fact. 

Cheers,

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat