cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two question Camera and Contacts

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to know if there is a way to turn off the sound on the camera?

I have been looking for something to let me send calls straight to voicemail and I don't see if can someone help me find it.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Two question Camera and Contacts

On the Camera question, open your Camera app and hit menu, scroll down to shutter sound and uncheck it. On the direct to voice mail,

Go into your Contacts list.

- Tap the contact that you want to send directly to voicemail.

- Now press the Menu key and tap Options.

- You'll see Incoming calls.

- Here you can check the option to send the caller directly to voicemail.

- Now all calls from that contact will go directly to voicemail and you can deal with them later.

Journeyman

> On the Camera question, open your Camera app and hit menu, scroll down to shutter sound and uncheck it

And what Camera app are you using? The default app does not have this menu option. Or if it does, please be more detailed on how to get there.

This question has been asked before. Some said the shutter sound is required due to a 'privacylaw' out there. I don't know. I do wish it could be turned off though without having to 'root' or delete some settings files.

Wizard

Camera shutter sounds can not be disabled without root access to your phone.  Sprint claims it is now a company policy which I can't find in writing anywhere.  There are instructions on how to root your phone and disable the sounds if you search over on the XDA forums.  However, this isn't for the faint of heart if you don't know anything about computers.

Viper's got the other part right.

Wizard

Your right about the camera shutter sound, sorry.

Journeyman

@SA_Viper43 - I was looking under the contact list and was not able to find it. Are you using the Samsung Epic Touch? if so can you screen print it so I can see what it looks like.

For as the camera I don't see it either can you screen print that also.

Thanks in advance.

Journeyman

@mmark27 - I notice you said SA_Viper43 was correct about the contact can you do screen print for me. I just want to make sure you are using the Epic Touch. I have not rooted my phone and don't think I would be able to do it without messing something up.

Thanks in advance

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat