Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see apps on SD card unless card is inserted after boot up

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to see apps on SD card unless card is inserted after boot up

Happened after the ics update.  Get missing SD app icons for apps stored on the SD card.  I shut down, pull the card and then reboot and put the card in after andriod loads everything works.  Anyone know of a permenant fix?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the exact same issue with the SD card after the update.

The symptom is that after a reboot any app loaded on the SD card will not load. If you try to go to the Settings-Storage you will see parameters for all memory is not fully loaded.

Trying to un-mount the SD card at that time will not work. The only work around, so far, is to remove card, reboot, and when the phone is fully up to insert the card, at that point it will work just fine.

As a note, I have the WIFI issue as well. When WIFI is ON the scan continues forever (it stops for 1 to 2 sec. between each scan). So battery life is terrible.

PS. I am running Go Launcher but phone is completely stock with no root and/or rom modifications.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat