cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Command error popup

Journeyman

Re: Voice Command error popup

I have the Galaxy S2 and I'm getting it as well.  I Googled network voice prompt errors and people are getting the same error messages ALL OVER THE WORLD, and they all say they just started getting this yesterday (or maybe the day before).  It sounds like a Samsung network issue.  Anybody know any more about it?  Any Samsung info. on it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This worked for me! haven't seen the popup all day since following ERICBEESON's simple instructions.

Thanks!

Journeyman

I never use the voice commands anyway, so I disabled the Voice Command app and have not seen the popup since. I haven't noticed anything that doesn't work anymore, so I am going to just leave it that way until they push down a fix.

Journeyman

Me too, but only if you don't restart the phone.  I agree it must be network because everyone seems to be having the problem since yesterday.

Journeyman

I've become rather annoyed with this issue, among a few others... Sprint, can you please fix the issue or tell us how?  Will stopping the voice command/voice record apps resolve it completely?

Journeyman

I can't take the credit, as I found someone else had posted it on another site. Glad it's working though!

Also, I'm not sure if you guys know this, but there is an update to Jellybean out now - I found out about it by accident today. It is not over the air, and I never saw a notification from Sprint about it - not sure why it's such a secret. But anyway, go to 3/28 - Samsung Epic 4G Touch Software Update - GB27 (Jellybean Android 4.1)

and get the links for download. Hopefully it will fix some of these issues!

Journeyman

Here is what I just got from chatting with a Sprint Representative, I hope this helps everyone.

Customers with Samsung Devices may get this error when trying to use voice command.  They (Samsung) has a dedicated team of engineers already working on the problem and per the team is expected to be fixed 06/19/2013 12:10:57 CST.

So good news for us!

Journeyman

We are gettingthe same messaget in southern Ohio as well. I tried the stopping the Voice Command and it still comes back.   All three of us on the Galaxy S2 have the issue.  FIX THIS SPRINT!

Journeyman

Thanks ERICBEESON.  This fix worked for me! 

Journeyman

I know a few people include my husband & myself have been having this issue also. I also work for another cell phone carrier as tech support & got calls about this all day Samsung wasn't much help, they told me the fix (at the time) is ...... go to Settings > Language & input > Voice Recognition > Select  Samsung power by Vlingo, I did that & it didn't work, I also did Reset PRL & Reset Profile but nothing worked, being Tech Support & doing all of the troubleshooting it brings it to being a Samsung issue, but so far it seems it's only with the Gallaxy Sll series.

Wizard

JJW110,

Thank you for reporting this. There appeared to be an error with the server that powers voice command for Galaxy S2 devices. We became aware of this issue on 6/18 and opened a repair ticket for it. Please let me know if this issue is still occurring . Thank you all for your patience.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat